G2 Throttle Tamer Info & Review

RipGroove

Reaction score
Mine arrived this morning ;-)

Bought direct from G2, they put a $15 value on the shipping docs, which meant no import duty - happy days.

Before I fit this, does anyone have an opinion on whether it affects the warranty? I spoke with my dealer and they couldn't answer this for me. I emailed Yamaha, direct, but haven't had a response, yet.
If you ever have to make a claim just stick the old throttle back on.

JCL270

Reaction score
Just ordered mine, thanks for all the reviews and feedback on here guys.

I can't see them picking up on this for warranty work

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

mt09holland

Reaction score
Mine arrived this morning ;-)

Bought direct from G2, they put a $15 value on the shipping docs, which meant no import duty - happy days.

Before I fit this, does anyone have an opinion on whether it affects the warranty? I spoke with my dealer and they couldn't answer this for me. I emailed Yamaha, direct, but haven't had a response, yet.
Havent checked the exact warranty conditions but it would surprise me if this has any effect on a warranty claim (other than a claim that the G2 is defect of course). I'm a lawyer so I should know......

This might be different when installing exhausts or playing around with the ecu if not approved by Yamaha. Having said that, you should be fine with an Akra as Yamaha uses the same and supply them through their dealers.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

MadGelo

Reaction score
wont it make "throttle by wire" pointless?
sry if stupid question

Last edited:

Chipfatbob

Reaction score
Put mine on, this morning and went out this afternoon. Fitting was very straightforward. The hardest part was getting the grip off the old throttle tube, but luckily I own both a compressor and kitchen sink. The grip went back on fine, but it is still a little loose – but not so much so that I can’t ride. Very surprised to find the stock Yam throttle tube is plastic, but I guess that’s pretty standard, these days.

The new tube has transformed the MT, for me. It doesn't get rid of the on/off power but it does significantly reduce the snatch and the roll-on is so much smoother. I have been spending my time either in B or A, today I was able to properly enjoy STD, as well. No more rev-spikes going over speed humps or potholes. Power delivery is still spot on and while it does take the edge off the throttle response (and I had got used to the snatchyness) it is an altogether more rounded experience. For just over £60, this is a must have. My chicken strips are going to get much thinner in the coming days!!!!

RipGroove

Reaction score
Put mine on, this morning and went out this afternoon. Fitting was very straightforward. The hardest part was getting the grip off the old throttle tube, but luckily I own both a compressor and kitchen sink. The grip went back on fine, but it is still a little loose – but not so much so that I can’t ride. Very surprised to find the stock Yam throttle tube is plastic, but I guess that’s pretty standard, these days.

The new tube has transformed the MT, for me. It doesn't get rid of the on/off power but it does significantly reduce the snatch and the roll-on is so much smoother. I have been spending my time either in B or A, today I was able to properly enjoy STD, as well. No more rev-spikes going over speed humps or potholes. Power delivery is still spot on and while it does take the edge off the throttle response (and I had got used to the snatchyness) it is an altogether more rounded experience. For just over £60, this is a must have. My chicken strips are going to get much thinner in the coming days!!!!
Yay! [emoji2]

marcusfordus

Reaction score
If it doesn't, have it machined down a thou at a time until it does. If you don't have access to a lathe get your best arm going with the sandpaper and don't let anyone see you :p

razz

Reaction score
Boooo hoooo , customs charges to pay , never mind , I've put my modified tube in and she's superb

Chipfatbob

Reaction score
With the exception of the modified cam, the dimensions of the G2 are very close to the stock throttle. The only difference if the knurling on the G2. If you can get the heated grips on the stock tube, you should have no issues with the G2.

Customs charges on items imported from the USA are levied on two main criteria - value and description. There are certain items which will always attract charges, although motorcycle throttles are not one of them. New goods will always raise an eyebrow and anything over £15 in value generally attracts a charge. What you need is a friendly supplier who understands the systems and keeps the value under £15. This is normally no problem with low value items. If you tried to import something worth $100's, but lied about the value, you would be hit with high charges and the supplier might be in trouble with both US and UK customs.

HM Revenue & Customs