Gearbox Whine

M

MT account

I'm the complete opposite mate! Used to have an ER and anything over 4500rpm I could feel a load of vibration through the footpegs. I've not noticed any on my MT so far...
:) was that stock ER pegs? my 11 n 12 bikes were rubber mounted, the mt is solid so you can feel the grind....well, compared to the silky smooth triple i can :)

Cams

Reaction score
:) was that stock ER pegs? my 11 n 12 bikes were rubber mounted, the mt is solid so you can feel the grind....well, compared to the silky smooth triple i can :)
Yeah just stock mate! I'd have to agree about the triple, I think Triumphs are the smoothest bikes I've ever ridden. I was so close to buying a new Street before I went for the MT! Hope I don't end up regretting my decision in the long run!

Spot

Reaction score
Yeah just stock mate! I'd have to agree about the triple, I think Triumphs are the smoothest bikes I've ever ridden. I was so close to buying a new Street before I went for the MT! Hope I don't end up regretting my decision in the long run!
I had a Speed Triple and i'm much happier with the MT.

M

MT account

lovely looking bike is the speed but i found it was too powerful, only needed 2nd and 3rd to do everything. i like looning around on the MT much better...:)

M

MT account

Jenny was another favorite i use........
Jenny Tallwarts.......

Stalled

Reaction score
Clutch or Gearbox?

I too get a whine (but not the normal triple whine) as I release the clutch in 3rd gear. It sounds like my 1977 mini used to do so wonder if it's the type of gear? This happens generally when the bike is warmed up. 3rd gear is also generally noisier than the other gears. Can't really hear 6th because of the wind noise.....and my son constantly chatting in the intercom!

hoskar100

Reaction score
It has been suggested to me by mmy local dear here in Grimsby, that the whine is something to do with chain tension.

Sent from my SM-A520F using Tapatalk