Gonna need a bigger helmet

Spook99

Reaction score
So my beloved Tracer goes in for its second service yesterday, in readiness for the summer and a week touring in the Alps next month, I'm already excited! I decided to get the carbon effect LED indicators fitted while it was in for service as I though they looked great on another bike I saw.

My wife-to-be says she needed a lift in to work yesterday, so at the end of the day I go back to the garage to collect the bike, where she's waiting for a lift home. I see the bike at the front of the garage and start admiring my new indicators, she comes over and says
'start it up and see what they look like'
'I don't need to start it' and I turn the ignition on and put on the hazards, and sure enough they do look great, I'm happy with them. By this time the service manager and one of the sales team are checking I'm happy with the outcome. I said to them
'I meant to tell you I left the heated grips on and was worried you had the ignition on during some of the service' they assure me it'll be fine, but my fiancée says
'just start it and check'
Whilst I'm telling her it'll be ok I start it up anyway for piece of mind

Over the next 1.2 seconds the following thoughts and emotions go through my head
Hmmmmm that's not right...........I start frowning
They've broken my bike..............my frown deepens
sounds good though....................my eyes widen
She effing hasn't, has she...........I start grinning

As I give it a rev I dive round the other side of the bike and see the letters Akrapovic written on my new exhaust! She's gone and bought me an Akrapovic and had it fitted while it was in for service!! The guys at the garage were obviously in on it and enjoying the revelation I was going through.

Sweet god in heaven, after nearly 50 years on the planet I've found the right one. I'll have to marry her now and get a bigger helmet to accommodate my new smile.

Locksmith

Reaction score
Nooooooooooooooooooooooo, don't fall for it :)

Lucky man, next youll be bragging shes blonde with big t**s !

MallMal

Reaction score
Wow.. I am always telling my lady about the mods I want for my bike. The most I have got is a glazed look and being told to shut up. Birthday is coming up though - I live in hope.

Fulfilled-09

Reaction score
Result! Whilst my lady has no problems with me buying bits for the bike, I'm not sure she'd stretch to a full system and treat me to it. You wait though, and see if she's as generous after the honeymoon period has surpassed :rolleyes: