gonna try a tracer

razz

Reaction score
gonna try one of them tracers this week on demo , pick it up tomorrow afternoon , and we have lots of lovely rain forecast , its the new map and traction control that i am interested in , so looks like lots of wet riding followed by a chilly early morning blast tuesday , perfect

KatanaAl

Reaction score
I rode one yesterday and loved it. Not as manic or frantic as the MT09 but felt like a bike that you could do some serious touring on and would be a great commuter. Couldn't comment on the handling as the roads in the North East were very slippy, it did feel very planted and solid at high speeds.

reeseyboy

Reaction score
Test rode one on Thursday. I've had a 2012 VFR1200 for the last 3 years and was looking for something lighter. The Tracer ticks all my boxes. I pre-ordered one at the beginning of Jan and it's been at the dealer, in a crate, for the last 3 weeks. Deal has been done, my VFR has been sold and I collect the Tracer on 2nd/3rd March.

big ade

Reaction score
looks nice in all the pictures , not seen one in the flesh yet....my dealer did email me last week , saying they got one on the way,
might have a test ride, when mine goes in for first service in march ....

KatanaAl

Reaction score
Three of the guys I ride with have now ordered Tracers, trading in a GSXR750 a Daytona 675 and a Kawasaki GTR1400.
If I didn't have a Super 10 think I would be trading my MT09 in for a Tracer as well.

reeseyboy

Reaction score
Struggling to get an insurance quote at the moment. Most people are saying to use the standard MT-09 for quotes. Me; I'm not so sure. The Tracer has a "half-fairing", different headlights, clocks, seats and bars etc.

razz

Reaction score
well , here it is , did a slight detour on the way home , to try her out , i recon its possible to get along quicker on this on the twisties , than it would be fighting the MT , shame its cold and wet , the tracer needs the A mode moving to standard and the mental A mode installed , which ain`t what this bike is about , but it would give you a fun machine . we got rain all night and 2 degrees in the morning , so will see how it copes with that .

mudrock

Reaction score
I rode one yesterday and loved it. Not as manic or frantic as the MT09 but felt like a bike that you could do some serious touring on and would be a great commuter. Couldn't comment on the handling as the roads in the North East were very slippy, it did feel very planted and solid at high speeds.

I total agreed, Enjoyed it for 5 minutes, but for my style and my type of riding I need a MT09, More fun,:eek: But if I do any long distance touring, I might think again.

razz

Reaction score
Hope you dont fall off it Ady! saw it last week in Tinklers, are they letting you have it for a week?
hello there , nope goes back tomorrow , i actually went in to try the fz1 , in exchange for the fz8 . i have just done an hour ish , tour of a very wet Norfolk in the pouring rain . its a great tourer , but i don`t tour although i commute . i have just raised the screen cos that wind straight into my neck , got annoying . erm , A mode , it feels very strangled , STD mode was the best , even in the pouring rain . The traction control feels a tad harsh to me , but then again , its my first ride on a bike with traction control . overall there is nought wrong with it , stick some boxes on it and ride to the moon n back. comfy and easy to ride . if i ever own one , i`d take the hand guards off , put narrower bars on it , get it zapped n mapped , and enjoy summer time , ady ( one loves ones MT )

razz

Reaction score
I total agreed, Enjoyed it for 5 minutes, but for my style and my type of riding I need a MT09, More fun,:eek: But if I do any long distance touring, I might think again.
+1 , a tourer it be , i am looking to replace my fz8 , which i use everyday come rain or shine , but the tracer just doesn`t pack the punch that i like , fz1 is next

mudrock

Reaction score
+1 , a tourer it be , i am looking to replace my fz8 , which i use everyday come rain or shine , but the tracer just doesn`t pack the punch that i like , fz1 is next
I traded in my fz8 for the mt09, as all the figures were right, weight horse power etc, but I do miss the fz8, going for the fz1 , great choice,
BTW I went the other way, my commuter bike is the mt07,
But don't believe all the hype, I am only getting a average of 48 mpg,

Locksmith

Reaction score
FZ1, a great bike, I had 2 :)

A bit long in the tooth compared to the modern machinery and waaay too heavy!

razz

Reaction score
tracer has been returned , fz8 is sold and the fz1 will be in my garage on the 2nd of march , superb .

lee1980

Reaction score
When FZ1 first came out back around 2006 I nearly got a yellow one but at time dealer was offering the MT-01 for peanuts with akra cans so got that!

Awesome bike the MT-01 glad got to own one but at time was commuting on it always and was far to tall and heavy really, I loved the low revving nature and the sound with akra cans and no baffles was the boomiest thing ever!!
Probably should of got the FZ1 to be honest lol

robbo67

Reaction score
There's a fair price difference between the MT09 and the Tracer, whilst I know it's horses for courses and all that, does the difference seem worth it?

lee1980

Reaction score
There's a fair price difference between the MT09 and the Tracer, whilst I know it's horses for courses and all that, does the difference seem worth it?
I would say main consideration is if you plan to do big miles on it get tracer especially if motorway miles. The mt will be good for back roads, b roads etc. I got mt as I commute mainly on it short distances and short rides out.

Or if taller not sure if tracer seat is higher etc to.

mudrock

Reaction score
tracer has been returned , fz8 is sold and the fz1 will be in my garage on the 2nd of march , superb .

Awesome,

Please report back, when you get the fz1, and please say how much different the fz1 is to the mt09,
Good luck.
Dead envy,

razz

Reaction score
will do chap , its gonna be a hell of a choice when heading into the garage , MT or FZ , can`t wait :)

KatanaAl

Reaction score
Three of the guys I ride with (Newcastle Mid Life Crisis Bikers) have now ordered Tracers, we already have two MT09's in the group, mine and one of the other guys. The Dark Side is certainly coming to Newcastle.