Have you been told

LewFZ1

Reaction score
Have you ever been told to remove your crash helmet at a petrol station before they will start the pump? If they ask you I wonder would they then ask you to remove this?balaclava%201-500x500.jpg

Kinjane

Reaction score
Yes, late at night whilst attempting to obtain petrol from a pay at the pump machine that had already approved my credit card.
The female cashier inside the locked garage wearing a black head covering with just an eye slit refused to activate the pump until I'd removed my helmet stating it was company policy.
I removed my helmet to reveal my own head covering with just an eye slit (balaclava) to be told she wasn't serving me until I could be identified - this is with my credit card details already obtained and my registration number quite clearly in view of the cctv camera.

A row ensued, the police arrived after the panic button was activated and I was politely directed to another petrol station (I was unaware of) just over a mile away.
PS the balaclava on the whole time, and I believe the woman was either sacked or transferred after my letter of complaint arrived.

Stripy

Reaction score
Yes, late at night whilst attempting to obtain petrol from a pay at the pump machine that had already approved my credit card.
The female cashier inside the locked garage wearing a black head covering with just an eye slit refused to activate the pump until I'd removed my helmet stating it was company policy.
I removed my helmet to reveal my own head covering with just an eye slit (balaclava) to be told she wasn't serving me until I could be identified - this is with my credit card details already obtained and my registration number quite clearly in view of the cctv camera.

A row ensued, the police arrived after the panic button was activated and I was politely directed to another petrol station (I was unaware of) just over a mile away.
PS the balaclava on the whole time, and I believe the woman was either sacked or transferred after my letter of complaint arrived.
What a sad story to read about.
I feel for you, Kinjane - it is just not right. Would it have helped, if you said it was your believe to wear your helmet or balaclava? Possibly not.
If you instead had asked the worker to remove her head covering, it would probably have been taken as an insult.
Where is the allowance of diversity - and justified with equal rights?.

I hope you have received a proper response from the petrol stations management after your complaint.

Having said that, i did work at a petrol station in my younger days, and a bunch of scooter lads did come in to the shop one evening, and caused mayhem, all wearing helmets. But being attacked this way, i have full respect for, that it is required to ask bikers to remove their helmets when entering the shop to pay - purely of respect for the workers. If you stay and pay in the forecourt, you could be naked or wearing your rubber suit, as it have nothing to say there; as well pointed out by you, your reg and card details have already been registered.

LewFZ1

Reaction score
I had a great morning this morning, (I live in Spain)I pulled into a station I use when meeting up with my mates. I park up , remove lid & gloves. Proceed to fill up and go into pay. Come out and start to put the gear on again. The guy behind me in his Brit registered car starts tooting the horn (my bike is on Spanish plates) So I look at him and continue putting the gear on, he is out of the car and yells at me to shift my fucking bike or he will shift it for me. His face was a picture when I pulled the lid off and informed him if he as much as laid a hand on the bike I'd breaking his fucking nose for him. Not that I am a hard case but just them my 3 mates arrived so I had backup. He looked very sheepish and pissed off.