Heated Grips

O

owle

thanks owle, afraid the High temp was already on 10 so looks like Oxford aren't compatible

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Well that clears that up, the next person looking to fit after market heated grips will find your post very useful and time saving.

Thanks owle.

Hexme

Reaction score
Well after testing the genuine Yam grips I have to say, impressed.

Shaun64

Reaction score
Well after testing the genuine Yam grips I have to say, impressed.
You can fine tune them too which is straight forward, used mine today as it was cold I would have been freezing without them.

Hexme

Reaction score
You can fine tune them too which is straight forward, used mine today as it was cold I would have been freezing without them.
Will have a play today, on first setting, a little too cold, 2nd setting a little hot, not tried setting three as I'm guessing that would melt my hands lol.

O

owle

When considering the Yamaha grips the price did seem excessive, twice the price of the Oxford grips, which have upped their quality in the last few years, but the Yamaha grips are nicely integrated in to the bikes electrical circuit, and the cabling at the bars is neat to, and best of all they work really well with a wide range of custom settings to suit any ones comfort level.

Hexme

Reaction score
When considering the Yamaha grips the price did seem excessive, twice the price of the Oxford grips, which have upped their quality in the last few years, but the Yamaha grips are nicely integrated in to the bikes electrical circuit, and the cabling at the bars is neat to, and best of all they work really well with a wide range of custom settings to suit any ones comfort level.
Yep, glad I went with the Yam ones.

O

owle

Concerning the price of the Yamaha grips, I looked at the new Africa Twin and priced up a few accessories, Honda heated grips £300, and pretty pants apparently.

Scaley

Reaction score
The Yamaha grips are in series, Oxford type grips are in parallel. This matters as the overall resistance of the heating elements is different. There are some threads on other forums.