Hello from Cornwall

Hoops

Reaction score
Afternoon everyone, Im Nick from Cornwall and a couple of weeks ago I bought a Orange MT09 ABS with the Akro exhaust. I passed my Mod 1 test that morning and decided to pop upto Bridge Motorcycles at Exeter for a look at the orange one they had in stock. After having having a good look around and sit on it, and after the salesman started up their demo bike with the Akro on my mind was made up. I might be slighty mad buying this bike as my first one but Ive had my eye on it since seeing it at the NEC show last year. I was tempted by the MT07 but I knew deep down that I would be disappointed by not getting the 09. So its sat in storage at the minute whilst I wait impatiently for my Mod 2 test in a months time :( Luckily the dealer will hold it for me until I pass or my new bike shed arrives and I can keep it home till Ive got my licence.

I have already learned a few things whilst scanning the forums, looking forward to learning more and then finally getting my new toy and post some photos on here.

Thanks, Nick

Birdy

Reaction score
Welcome hoops, you say you have learned a few things while scanning the forum.... ummm...which forum would that be ? :p Take it easy when you get on the road, bike is light and easy to flick about, but got pretty big power for first big bike , dont get carried away ! lol Been working in Cornwall for last few weeks, bloody cheese factory, swear blind they make nuclear weapons all the hassle to get in the place !

Banksy

Reaction score
HI Hoops... I'm another noob here... Just up the road in Devon..

paulrab

Reaction score
Welcome & Good luck.
When you pass your mod 2, stick her in B mode for a while!!

Hoops

Reaction score
Thanks for the welcome guys, I am tempted to do some sort of advanced riding course in the near future when funds allow, this bike has made me very poor for the minute lol. Yeah was planning on keeping it in B mode to start with and probably will be keeping it in that mode for commuting which is the main use of the bike. Also glad I got the ABS being a newbie. Ive been told by by instructor that I ride too slow so I cant see my using anywhere near half the power for a good while lol

motorcycleboy

Reaction score
Lagonisi Athens Greece, 37,5km from the city cente
Don't worry, as Paul mentioned stick it in B all the time... allthough you should take a look at "the twist of a wrist" book or video cause it will help you a lot about the riding theory. And that will help your mind to do the right mooves in the (dangerous) streets
As the windsurfers wish to eachother:..... "Hang loose"..

Last edited:

Osprio

Reaction score
Good luck with your mod2. Take it easy, drive safe and don't get carried away with forum syndrome. Bike is great as is.