Hello from Norfolk

Steely

Reaction score
Hi all,

New member, due to collect my MT09 next Tuesday from Tinkler's in Norwich. I signed up here a couple of weeks ago, and have been trawling the site learning what I can about the MT from the knowledgable people here before I get it. I've liked the look of the MT09 since it first came out, eventually got around to test riding one a couple of weeks ago, and ordered one - a 2015 ABS model in Deep Armour.

The MT will be sharing a garage with the bike I've had for the past 18 years, a Harley Sportster XL1200S. I bought that new in March '98, and I've gradually "evolved" it so that there's little on it that is still stock. I've no intention to sell the Sporty, but recently I've been hankering after something that will do the same job(s) - i.e. hooning around on day-long rides with mates, weekends away, and longer two-week tours across the Channel or in the UK in the summertime - only with a touch of modern finesse and greater reliability. In particular, a bike on which there is zero possibility of snapping the drive belt. :rolleyes: The demo bike was what I'd hoped it would be - very easy to ride fast, blatantly encouraged bad behaviour, felt comfortable, handled well (despite the criticism I've read here concerning the stock suspension - we'll see how that lasts), and I loved the way the engine felt and pulled. SOLD. :D

I've already acquired some parts for the MT - shorty levers, Puig touring screen, Givi hand guards (a couple of mates who have hand guards swear by them and convinced me to try them), Evotech Performance rad guard, paddock stand bobbins and rear light/tail tidy, R&G shock tube.

I have booked next Tuesday off work, and will be waiting outside Tinkler's doors when the open. Can't wait! No doubt, as I get to know the bike, I'll be back to ask advice from the experts here.

Cheers,
Myles

Last edited:

Steely

Reaction score
Thanks fellas.

TT, I'd been enjoying your many and varied contributions to the forum, then read about your accident. Hope you heal quickly! My MT is coming with an Akrapovic fitted. I may be in touch with you if I get tired of popping and banging on the overrun or decide I want the bike derestricted (a distinct possibility). I assume yout flash would affect the Yamaha warranty, though, so it may have to wait a while.

Triple Trouble

Super Moderator
Reaction score
Thanks fellas.

TT, I'd been enjoying your many and varied contributions to the forum, then read about your accident. Hope you heal quickly! My MT is coming with an Akrapovic fitted. I may be in touch with you if I get tired of popping and banging on the overrun or decide I want the bike derestricted (a distinct possibility). I assume yout flash would affect the Yamaha warranty, though, so it may have to wait a while.
Hi mate.
Yes healing well but slowly [emoji20] lol.

The flash is virtually undetectable as far as the dealers are concerned. Some people don't have it set to A mode on startup because that's really the only way you can tell it's been flashed

stevecbr

Reaction score
Hi there, also from Norfolk, (Wymondham), and bought my MT09 from Tinklers October 2013 (Matt grey)
Now done 14000 miles, its holding up well, no problems or issues