Hi Newbie question

Dino

Reaction score
Hi all ,I recently sold my 2008 650 versys after 8 years of ownership. Great bike Just got bored with it .Took a test ride on a new MT09 Tracer Impresive bike ,there is however one thing putting me of purchasing, when I did a slight tug of the bars at about 70mph It induced a very slight weave . My question is , is this characteristic of the Mt09 or due to a set up up problem !

chump

Reaction score
don't waggle the bars, it won't wobble. MT09 is quite short, but hardly a setup problem. they handle really well.

Dino

Reaction score
Don't waggle the bars

don't waggle the bars, it won't wobble. MT09 is quite short, but hardly a setup problem. they handle really well.
Thanks ! I did realise that .The bike does appear to be very sure footed but as of yet my question is still unanswered . Is this happening on others Owners bikes ?

chump

Reaction score
I thought I had answered it. Yes, if you waggle the bars it wobbles, so don't.

relz

Reaction score
Thanks ! I did realise that .The bike does appear to be very sure footed but as of yet my question is still unanswered . Is this happening on others Owners bikes ?
Run a search for "high speed wobble", its not uncommon on the MT09. But it only refers to high speeds, not 70mph...

Sent from my LG-D855 using Tapatalk

Jetty

Reaction score
I'm also a Newbie and have only done a couple or so hundred miles on my Street Rally. I found quite a severe wobble at 100mph, which disappeared once I had removed the after market Power Bronze screen. However long bars can incite a degree of wobble. (My previous two bikes were KTM SM950/SMT990). With those I let them wobble as they remained going vaguely in the right direction. :)