How many interested in

LewFZ1

Reaction score
How many would be interested in a Spring meet , say April or later in the year at the end of the Summer, say picking a weekend between the last two weeks of September /first to weeks in October.
Seeing as the forum members live all over the country somewhere in middle England or Wales would be the best bet.
Format would be agree the dates(majority rules)
Agree the area(Majority rules)
Agree a hotel

Usually on other meets I have been on we have used a premier inn as there is always a bar and restaurant attached, also parking for a group of bikes is reasonably secure AT LEAST THEY HAVE CCTV coverage.
Plan would be arrive when you can on the Friday afternoon or evening, check in , meet in the bar , grab a bit bite to eat, few more beers.
Saturday morning meet up for breakfast and then meet in the car park for a Pre planned ride out that someone local to the area would have sorted out and posted the details pre meet date. Usually about a 200 mile ride is plenty.
Anyway I am sure you will follow what I am on about.
I will monitor replies to this post and if there is interest will see how I set up a poll and try and move this forward.
Lew

Fulfilled-09

Reaction score
I'm up for a meet. I'm at the Barcelona GP for 3 track days in the first week in October, but ok for September. A friend of mine is very senior at Premier Inn, so there may be a discount depending on numbers.

LewFZ1

Reaction score
Okay getting a stirring of interest here will keep an eye on the thread. Richie (TT) has kindly offered to set up a poll when he has healed a bit. Be great if he was up and back on a bike again ready to lead the group.

LewFZ1

Reaction score
Well as I live in SW France and having not long returned from a mega trip to N Ireland for the Z1000SX meet two weeks back and covered just under 2000 miles how about late September.
For me it would need to be pretty close to Dover / Kent. Certainly Southern England for me.

LewFZ1

Reaction score
I have pitched this idea of an Autumn meet to some friends on the Z1000SX forum. So far at least 6 have shown an interest in doing a joined up meet over a weekend. Looking at somewhere down in the SE of England. Can we see if we can get a few more responding and pitching in with preferred dates and likely meeting points.

Fulfilled-09

Reaction score
I'm pretty flexible with dates in September. October is tricky though. As far as a meeting place is concerned, I'm all up for suggestions.

LewFZ1

Reaction score
Things starting to pick up regards interest now we have 7 saying they could be up for it. Be good if we could get a few more. I would think including the SX lads a figure of 20 would be max. Just to clarify this will be a weekend away trip unless you live local. The normal format we do on the SX forum is book two nights at a Premier Inn. Those that travel will usually book the Friday & Saturday nights and depart on the Sunday after breakfast.Can anyone suggest an area down around the South East coast? my reason for this is as I will be coming from the the SW of France I will already have covered just under 600 miles and that is just to Calais. Just saying.

LewFZ1

Reaction score
Come on lads the SX boys are so far out doing us, there is even one SX lad who now owns a Tracer prepared to travel across from N Ireland to join up for the meet.

Locksmith

Reaction score
I think you need a firm date and place Lew. Everyone here could say "I'm coming" and then let you down.

Maybe get the SX boys to finalise the details?

LewFZ1

Reaction score
I have started a poll on the Z1000SX Forum about a combined meet. I do not know how to setup a poll on here. Basically the poll on the SX forum has been setup like this. They have 4 options that can be voted on.The question asked has been put like this.How many are in favour of a combined meet with the SX & MT09 forum members for a weekend meet in the Autumn which will be held in the SE of England.

The dates that can be voted for are
1 Last weekend in September
2 Third weekend in September
3 First weekend in October

Any opinions on the above and if someone can setup a poll along these lines please feel free to do so.