I installed a USB socket to the factory auxiliary connection [PHOTO's]

RipGroove

Reaction score

Soapy

Reaction score
I also want to use my Aux Power Supply and thinking of ordering the connector on eBay. One question, how do you connect the wires to the pins. Is it just a case of using a set of pliers

RipGroove

Reaction score
I also want to use my Aux Power Supply and thinking of ordering the connector on eBay. One question, how do you connect the wires to the pins. Is it just a case of using a set of pliers
You have to strip the end of the wire, feed it into the pins, bend some tabs over with small pliers then drop a bit of solder on top to ensure it all stays put.

Sent from my iPhone 

RipGroove

Reaction score
Cheers mate, I've been looking for a different bracket as the standard one has too many pieces to it.
How did you end up wiring yours?
Not the best photos but you should get the idea, it actually looks way more compact and low profile in real life than it does on these photos.

I bought this:

Then fitted it like this, pretty much in this order:

I also bought a Sena SMH10 Bluetooth intercom which paired right away with the TomTom so I get all my navigation instructions through the speakers in my helmet. And as the SatNav pairs to my phone I get constant traffic updates and warnings for fixed speed cameras, mobile camera hotspots etc etc.

Also a bonus is the fact that the TomTom almost matches the colour scheme of the Matte Grey MT perfectly.

Sent from my iPhone 

Last edited:

RipGroove

Reaction score
Handy set up, RP. Is there a simple earpiece that be paired and bluetoothed to Google maps that you know of?
I guess any Bluetooth headphone will pair to a phone or SafNav. I originally was going to do this but the batteries "talk time" on any given set of Bluetooth headphones is very low compared to a dedicated intercom system so I figured if I'm constantly receiving audio navigation instructions for a whole day that the battery would go flat pretty soon. Unless of course you can find one that has interchangeable batteries then you could just take a spare set.

The Sena intercom was an expensive unexpected add on to the SatNav but it works very very well and now I can also talk to other riders via Bluetooth (900m range) and make and answer calls via voice commands if I so wish.

The TomToms audio navigation instructions are awesome by the way, it gives you plenty of notice and isn't at all distracting as I don't have to look at the SatNav at all.

Fulfilled-09

Reaction score
Seems like you've the ideal set up for your needs and being that effecient is superb. I barely use or have the need for Sat Nav, so need nothing more than the simplest set up.

RipGroove

Reaction score
Seems like you've the ideal set up for your needs and being that effecient is superb. I barely use or have the need for Sat Nav, so need nothing more than the simplest set up.
To be honest I didn't think I'd use it a lot but being able to research decent roads and plan the exact route at home on my PC is really freaking cool, plus like I said it tells me where all the speed cameras are which is always handy if your on unfamiliar roads.

Sent from my iPhone 

Last edited:

Casey

Reaction score
Not the best photos but you should get the idea, it actually looks way more compact and low profile in real life than it does on these photos.

I bought this:

Then fitted it like this, pretty much in this order:

I also bought a Sena SMH10 Bluetooth intercom which paired right away with the TomTom so I get all my navigation instructions through the speakers in my helmet. And as the SatNav pairs to my phone I get constant traffic updates and warnings for fixed speed cameras, mobile camera hotspots etc etc.

Also a bonus is the fact that the TomTom almost matches the colour scheme of the Matte Grey MT perfectly.

Sent from my iPhone 
Looks good mate. Would do for the odd ride out but for long distances if you've got a tank bag like me I don't think you'd see it so would have to move it back to where I've got it. Didn't the standard bracket fit In that position?
Do you have the same problem as me trying to update the Satnav? Right ball ache :mad: took me 3 hours one day as the computer wouldn't recognise it then update kept failing. Common problem I think

RipGroove

Reaction score
Looks good mate. Would do for the odd ride out but for long distances if you've got a tank bag like me I don't think you'd see it so would have to move it back to where I've got it. Didn't the standard bracket fit In that position?
Do you have the same problem as me trying to update the Satnav? Right ball ache :mad: took me 3 hours one day as the computer wouldn't recognise it then update kept failing. Common problem I think
No tank bag for me as I'm more of a sport rider, I don't think the standard clamp fitted there no. I did update it once but it took 2hrs, very very slow.

Sent from my iPhone 

tjoffe

Reaction score
Hi. Thanks for the photos for the USB-instalation. Made it super easy. Got rid of the OEM cig outlet that ran direct from the battery. It was installed by my vendor. Now it works perfect with ignition and so on. Awesome.

A Quick question, is there no one but me that uses the cellphone as GPS with an app like waze? Put it on a spring loaded rammount and it works like a charm. Toghether with the intercom and i have Music and GPS and traffic all together.

Thanks!
Kristoffer

MT09-Smurf

Reaction score
I have a Scala Rider Bluetooth kit, i have a waterproof cradle powered from a USB, case disconnects from the mount. Stream music, using google maps.. Phone stayed 100% charged.. Made my TomTom redundant..

Jetty

Reaction score
RipGroove - Just hopped on to thank you for the original post and photos. Have successfully fitted my ancient Zumo550. All working as it should. Thanks. :)

RipGroove

Reaction score
RipGroove - Just hopped on to thank you for the original post and photos. Have successfully fitted my ancient Zumo550. All working as it should. Thanks. :)
Awesome!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk