I will kick this one off!

J.J.B.

Reaction score
Sorry it took so long, have been working on a new shed...so much to do, so little time :rolleyes:

image.jpg

Attachments

Last edited:

J.J.B.

Reaction score
Just fitted the Gilles and really rather pleased with them. Hope SWMBO feels the same!

20150523_135945826_iOS.jpg20150523_140009205_iOS.jpg

J.J.B.

Reaction score
Fitted the Evotech Performance radiator guard and SW Motech crash bars, they blend in really well on the black/graphite bike.

20150523_135923601_iOS.jpg20150523_135927908_iOS.jpg20150523_135936169_iOS.jpg

J.J.B.

Reaction score
For some reason my bike looks like it spends its life on its side - it doesn't! These pics were all the right way up and I'm not sure how to alter them on the forum. Hope nobody strains their neck muscles too much...

Sibbo46

Reaction score
Sat nav wired to spare 12v plug

I have wired the satnav feed into the plug for the second 12v feed behind the clocks; nice and easy to get to, switched too. I have the Yamaha heated grips fitted but I think they may well be faulty; burnt my right hand through my gloves today. Had a gel fitted to the standard seat, changed the levers and will be picking up my panniers on Tuesday whilst it's in for its first service.
Hi, you don't have any photos of the sat nav wiring do you? What needs to be removed ? How did you make the connection? Thanks

Last edited:

Tafy94

Reaction score
Not much so far, Shad SH48 top box, Tutoro oiler and a few mounting points for an action cam. Quite pleased with the front one, I think it looks neat and gives a clear view with only a small part of the screen in view.

DSC_6645[1].jpg

Ballon

Reaction score
I've got as far as pulling the spare plug out but does anyone know which is the live wire? There are brown and black wires, my garmin power lead has red and black wires, logic would dictate that it would be black to black and red to brown, but as we know assumption is the mother of all **** ups:confused:

Ballon

Reaction score
I've got as far as pulling the spare plug out but does anyone know which is the live wire? There are brown and black wires, my garmin power lead has red and black wires, logic would dictate that it would be black to black and red to brown, but as we know assumption is the mother of all **** ups:confused:
Ignore me, doh! I've just seen the post which says its the brown wire that live.

Ian E

Reaction score
Hi, I've recently bought a Yamaha Tracer and found this post / Forum when searching Google on how to hard wire a TomTom SatNav. Many thanks for posting the info / pictures on how to connect to the accessory socket. Did anyone manage to source a suitable plug to go into the spare socket? Cheers, Ian.

Tracer_Jim

Reaction score
Screen query

Which dealer had the bags Stef ?

Mods so far Heated grips, evo-tech crash bungs, ermax tinted touring screen,front fenda extender, Givi rear rack kit with v47 box and finially Castrol power 1 racing fully synth.
Any chance of a quick review on your ermax screen? Comparison with original, your height, wind protection vs turbulence, wind height higher than original would all be good.

I find the standard screen good for protection and not much turbulence but noisy on my helmet as the wind is deflected to the top half of my helmet. Slightly better in the lowest position.

Shaun64

Reaction score
Ive only had the tracer a couple of weeks but ive fitted R&G tailtidy &rad gaurd,fender extender,sat nav mount,heated yamaha grips,a puig touring screen which worked great but too big for me so ive swapped it for a zero gravity D/B screen which i prefer so the puig is for sale,ive just orderd a givi top box rack & plate,things to do are wilbers rear shock and front end to reactive suspension for sorting.

Tracer kid

Reaction score
Any chance of a quick review on your ermax screen? Comparison with original, your height, wind protection vs turbulence, wind height higher than original would all be good.

I find the standard screen good for protection and not much turbulence but noisy on my helmet as the wind is deflected to the top half of my helmet. Slightly better in the lowest position.

It's better than the std one but lots of people soon move on to a different screens like Givi etc.

deedaadel

Reaction score
Hello to all,
This is my first post. I collect my new MT-09 Tracer on Friday so haven't fitted any extras to it yet but have ordered a rad guard, fend extender and Givi top box rack. Next will probably be engine bars and screen?
Maybe one day bikes will come fitted with all this stuff........

DeeDaa

Russ Quinlan

Reaction score
Yeah you gotta tailor the bike to suit you from stock, thats always the best part of riding !
Had mine repainted metallic blue (didn't like the matt silver) and not got carbon hugger, carbon front mudguard and extender, rad guard, Ixil exhaust, engine bars, give rack (and top box which I can also use on my Blackbird) as well as stainless engine bolts, MRA Screen and a set of chinese lever which are fine !!
Weather is turning to shite now but as long as its not icy or deep snow I'll keep on riding through the winter like I usually do and with the heated grips theres no reason why not !
I think this bike is brilliant actually !

Attachments

Littlebruv

Reaction score
New Tracer 900 for 3 weeks, added R & G hugger and fender extender + radiator guard, Yamaha satnav mount because I prefer it below the clocks, fitted a Sargent rider seat for a bit of comfort and now ordered a Palmer product screen mount to hopefully eliminate some of the wind noise, some of these were from reviews and recommendations

Laffli

Reaction score
Added a few things to my Tracer. Gilles brake+clutch levers, front+rear+bar end protectors, chain adjusters, rad guard, heated grips, engine protectors, comfort seat, sport traker adventure footpegs, tomtom 410 premium, powerbronze carbon rear hugger+chain guard+ sports screen, carbon fender extender, sw motech engine bars+max 10w spot lights, givi v56 top box, v35 panniers, givi handguards, gpr steering damper, roadsmart 3 tyres. Booked in for June for nitron shock linear springs+modify to damping.

Last edited: