I'm getting Street Triple R itches again...

Stripy

Reaction score
Spoke to Triumph today, currently they are offering a '16 Street Triple R with nose cone, belly pan and seat cowl for £8199 on the road, this offer is only valid until the end of March though and it's doubtful I'll sell my MT that quick so I'll have to miss out on that and take my chances with regards to offers when I've sold my MT.

Sent from my iPhone 
If i may ask, what does your local Triump stealer offer in p/x ?

RipGroove

Reaction score
If i may ask, what does your local Triump stealer offer in p/x ?
I actually didn't ask the Triumph dealer as yesterday an independent dealer offered 4K for my MT, which is bananas really as its 1 owner, got new Pilot Road 4 tyres, full Akra, genuine Yam LED indicators, genuine Yam fly screen, FlashTune ECU map, Puig tail tidy, NEVER been in the rain and has only 3500 miles on it. eBay is the only way I'll get a good price for it.

Sent from my iPhone 

flydnb

Reaction score
It'll still have the same shit quality suspension as the MT09 though.

Sent from my iPhone 
Not at all mate its the same as the R1 without the electronics , different league to the 09 out of the box .

LewFZ1

Reaction score
the law about any vat registered garage servicing your vehicle wasn't applied to bikes, I had this argument with Fowlers, they are the least flexible dealership I've ever had the misfortune to deal with.
So are you telling me that a VAT registered Honda, Yamaha or BMW dealer cannot service your new Triumph motorcycle with genuine Triumph parts, if they do it will invalidate your Triumph Warranty? I say you are wrong. You mention Fowlers, they are a multi franchise dealer? I am talking about servicing here not a major rebuild or warranty claims work. If you can prove that the service regime has been followed and genuine Triumph parts have been used Triumph cannot invalidate your warranty. They can complain and try and make life tough but they would have to prove the servicing had not been carried out correctly and this was a factor that could have led to a warranty claim.. As I mentioned in my post my mate took Kawasaki to task on this issue and won his case in court, so Fowlers are full of shit, as are Triumph if they think they can get away with it.
Please copy and paste the law that says otherwise.

Triple Trouble

Super Moderator
Reaction score
I service my bikes myself in our workshop using all genuine parts and get my mate to stamp my book for me

fizzy

Reaction score
I service my bikes myself in our workshop using all genuine parts and get my mate to stamp my book for me
Same hear Rich, and had no problems with warranty work, if you build a good relationship with your dealer and get the parts from them it's not a problem in my experience

Triple Trouble

Super Moderator
Reaction score
Same hear Rich, and had no problems with warranty work, if you build a good relationship with your dealer and get the parts from them it's not a problem in my experience
Well....
I say I....
Simon serviced it and I "helped"! Hahaha
But yes I know what you mean.

TommyM

Reaction score
I've had two STR's (2010,2013) and am now on a 2015 MT. The STR feels more refined and better finished. Basically the stuff that annoys me about the MT was not an issue on the STR ie: injection, suspension, seat. BUT the MT is more nimble at road speeds, accelerates harder and just feels...friskier. The MT needs money spent to make it excellent, but then its alot cheaper to begin with.

Crazytown

Reaction score
I've had two STR's (2010,2013) and am now on a 2015 MT. The STR feels more refined and better finished. Basically the stuff that annoys me about the MT was not an issue on the STR ie: injection, suspension, seat. BUT the MT is more nimble at road speeds, accelerates harder and just feels...friskier. The MT needs money spent to make it excellent, but then its alot cheaper to begin with.
Yes, totally agree.
I owned a STR before my MT.
Found the finish on the Yam is better than the STR, the paint on the STR cylinder head started coming away (bubbling up) and eventually cracked up / fell off.
Suspension in a different league on the STR compared to MT, but as you say, it is cheap to begin with. My MT now has a Maxton Shock, easily the best mod to make.
Thinking about a move to MT10, but don't really want part with my 09.

Shaun64

Reaction score
I bought a str in 2009 did 30.000 miles on it and loved it but they are not with out fault,the suspension may be adjustable but it's way too hard for quick road rideing on yorkshires bumpy roads and it will cost £1000 to sort it,the seats murder after 150 mile and the steering lock I.e Turing the bike round is a joke.my last triumph was a daytona 675 2014 14.000 mile same suspension as str and it cost me £1150 to sort it as its got to be the worst suspension I've ever rode on a modern bike,I now have a tracer and the suspension is poor but at least you can ride it without smashing your balls off the tank or having blurred vision over 70 on bumpy road,I've started with the tracers suspension with new fork cartridges just waiting for rear shock which will make it a real weapon.

Crazytown

Reaction score
Guess the roads in Singapore are smoother than those in Yorkshire :cool:

(I am from Yorkshire)

Shaun64

Reaction score
Bet there not as twisty? We're abouts in yorkshire you from crazy town?.