Is it just me ?

Coopie

Reaction score
Does anyone else get a buz from a new set of tyres ? .... And the pattern has to look good as well ?
My bike was still on the original Dunlops and the rear was nearly wasted at 2800 miles and had a not so slow puncture .
The front still had a while to go but I am not overly impressed with the level of grip they give when they get hot .
So I decided on a set of Bridgestone S20 Evo's . I really liked the 016's I had on the Fireblade a while back and this tyre
is supposed to be better .
So I got them fitted today on the loose wheels , then put the wheels back in the bike this afternoon . Very satisfying to get hands on
and knowing some YTS yoof didn't get near yur pride and joy .
So now I'm looking forward to tomorrow (errr today) to get 'em scrubbed in on some familiar lanes and find out if my money was
well spent .
Ooooo nearly forgot , had the flash done Wednesday as well so that's also on test . Be still my beating heart :rolleyes:

Last edited:

stevecbr

Reaction score
let us know how you get on with them. had the s20's when bike was new, changed to bridgestone bt023's at 3100 as s20's getting low (dont fit the BT023's to the MT, they cause a wobble/weave) and they are still on at 8100 miles, look like they still have at least 1000 miles to go.
I like the look of the PR4's, cant wait to get the BR023's removed and something better fitted

Davy

Reaction score
Just had a new S20 rear fitted on thursday, done about 500 miles on them since then :D . The last one did about 4000 miles, well apart from my huge chicken strips lol

Locksmith

Reaction score
Got a new s20 on the back of mine after 2800 miles. Unfortunately didn't get a chance to use it today:(

Davy

Reaction score
Well my new tyre didn't last long, currently sitting waiting on recovery after a puncture :(b

Davy

Reaction score
Bollocks. That's bad luck.

ach, my first puncture on a motorbike. At least I now know what it feels like. 10 mins before I'd been messing with suspension settings and initially thought I'd messed it up.

I heard a 'pop' sound (no really) while waiting to turn onto an A road but then the road cleared and off I went, drove about 3 or 4 miles before the penny dropped. I can be right thick at times. I can see the hole right in the middle of the tyre and the outline of a screw/bolt head in the rubber, must have picked it up earlier and it worked it's way out later.

Coopie

Reaction score
Well my new tyre didn't last long, currently sitting waiting on recovery after a puncture :(b
That's really bad luck Davy , expensive too . In my 40 years of riding I've been sidelined 3 times for punctures . One time via the hospital :( cos it was the front tyre

Coopie

Reaction score
So then peeps ... these S20 Evo tyres are the poodles pods . I cannot say enough good things about them . They grip like buggery and roll left and right so smoothly :eek:

Bridgestone say the Evo will last 22% longer than the old S20 .......... we will see . They can't be worse than the 2800 miles I got from the original Dunlop .

So if you looking to fit a set of tyres this year I can really recommend them . I got them delivered from Bikespeed for £198 .

MT-09 New Tyres 001.jpg

MT-09 New Tyres 004.jpg

Davy

Reaction score
Thanks Coopie, but I suppose it's quite lucky really, on a near flat tyre I overtook three cars, took a long left hander and turned right on a roundabout before I stopped.. damn lucky

I've decided I do get a buzz from a new tyre, I just wish they were bullet proof lol

Coopie

Reaction score
Ooo forgot to say I fitted the SBS brake pads to the rear while I was fitting the rear wheel back in the bike . Last week I fitted the front pads and was really impressed .

These SBS pads are fantastic . Normally I don't use the back brake very often but in the intrests of bedding in the new pads I used them a lot more than usual .

I can't remember where I got them but they came as a front / rear combo for under £60 . Great value for money for all 3 calipers . Totally brilliant , highly recommended .

Coopie

Reaction score
Thanks Coopie, but I suppose it's quite lucky really, on a near flat tyre I overtook three cars, took a long left hander and turned right on a roundabout before I stopped.. damn lucky

I've decided I do get a buzz from a new tyre, I just wish they were bullet proof lol
I recon you had an Angel sitting on your shoulder today . Quick go get a lottery ticket :rolleyes: