is my bike the one i ordered?

flydnb

Reaction score
that's cheap for an abs version to be honest, as they are normally 6932 for non abs and 7384 for abs but yours is in the middle, were you told its an abs ? surely when you were at the shop the sales guy explained it all to you ?

Reaction score
Yeah I had to wait a extra 4 weeks for it but I insisted I wanted it he bumpes price down for on the spot deal on abs

Reaction score
Nope just rushed through it all signed papers amd away I went was my firat experience buying new/from a shop

flydnb

Reaction score
mate u need to go back first thing and sort it, good luck they sound like arseholes.

Reaction score
Just call or go there and explain the situation. Im sure together you'll find a solution

Reaction score
Dont start off with all that legal bs like many suggest. What happened with a common sense. ..

Reaction score
so i finally received my bike 2 days ago (deep armour abs) and i love it to bits, after having the initial ride around etc thought it was finally time to open the user manual and have a wee read
as i get to the section on the display i notice there is a abs icon on it and is supposed to come on and stay on until the bike moves faster that 6 mph, heres the problem my bike does not have the light in question
and after waiting 10 weeks and it being a further 2 weeks delayed im not happy to find out the dealer has possibly mixed up my order as i am paying for the abs model so on that note i will be going in first thing tomorrow but where do i stand ?
Also easier way to check ABS is on the wheels. Both wheels should have ABS pulsar ring in the middle, they look like in this link

http://2.bp.blogspot.com/-amqyLDzp-...Qw/s1600/how-motorcycle-abs-works-64330_2.jpg

Reaction score
Interesting thread this !

You don't need the ABS on such a lightweight bike and you didn't notice you didn't have it anyway.
The bit on the insurance could be a worry as MT stated as that's not your bike, I'd go for the compensation angle to cover adjustment of your policy as an absolute minimum, the £7199 price is the official RRP on the road.

M

MT account

£7199 is the steep side of the non-ABS bike price as the ABS bikes are £400 extra. it sounds more like theyve given you a non ABS bike.

and all 'THAT LEGAL B/S' is exactly what you want to go in with as this is the UK and we know what were talking about cos we live here.

Reaction score
Cover yourself in bandages and roll up in a wheelchair saying this was the result of wheels locking up and throwing you off the bike. Take a mate in a smart suit. Say he's your solicitor.

Seriously though, what does your invoice say ? It should say whether its MT 09 or MT 09 ABS ? Did you get any formal quotation or correspondence stating it was an ABS model ?
As someone else mentioned, Ecosse do not seem to be a full dealership. I think it's only Alan Duffus, Jim Allan & Saltire who are selling the full Yamaha range in Scotland.
Work out beforehand what you want and go back and see them to try and get it sorted to your satisfaction. Point out the safety implications, that is why you wanted ABS, etc, etc. If you have to wait for an ABS model, they should definitely be providing a suitable replacement whilst you're waiting for another bike.
If you are not happy, then send a formal e-mail to their MD (with a copy to Yamaha). Again point out the safety issue and query if Ecosse are actually approved to sell MT 09's, as according to their website they only seem authorised to sell scooters and bikes up to 125cc. You can truthfully point out that you were unaware of this at the time (they should have pointed this out) and that you would probably have gone elsewhere if you had been aware of this as you would have preferred to deal with someone who is actually approved and used to dealing with larger bikes and any servicing, recall, warranty work, etc. After all, there must be a reason why they are not advertising the full Yamaha range.

Cypher

Reaction score
Also I think the easiest way to tell is to look at the front wheel. There should be a small disc with lots of small holes around the axis (within the brake disc) as can be seen here:

how-motorcycle-abs-works-64330_2.jpg

Reaction score
Shit!!

what a bunch of bastards!! As everyone said, its clearly not ABS. When i went for mine, i was told under no uncertain terms that ABS could not be retrofitted to the bike, therefore your choice is get some money back, or see what the lead time would be on the real ABS one you ordered. There are a few in Clapham Yamaha ready and waiting.