Is the ABS available in the USA yet ?

My Toy

Reaction score
Would you know if the ABS had actuated on the bike? Does the light flash when it's activated? I'm sure we have all felt the pulsing of our car brake pedal when the ABS activates but do you get the same feeling when the ABS works on the bike? I have ABS on the VFR and during very hard braking from 130plus on the track at Donnington I never felt any pulsing and there were times when I thought I'd overdone it had to really squeeze to slow enough for the chicane????

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

MadGelo

Reaction score
Would you know if the ABS had actuated on the bike? Does the light flash when it's activated? I'm sure we have all felt the pulsing of our car brake pedal when the ABS activates but do you get the same feeling when the ABS works on the bike? I have ABS on the VFR and during very hard braking from 130plus on the track at Donnington I never felt any pulsing and there were times when I thought I'd overdone it had to really squeeze to slow enough for the chicane????

yes, you can feel it.

My Toy

Reaction score
Ok cheers, I'll have to try a bit harder next time.

lee1980

Reaction score
Yep deff felt it on my previous 500r through pedal pulsing when i stamped on rear brake when some git pulled out on me lol!

My Toy

Reaction score
ABS is activated during braking on slipery surfaces not on tarmac of Donington Park..
Agreed, but if you're braking hard enough on any surface you can lock the wheels and I have never felt any pulsing at the lever, just wondered if it did actually pulse like a car brake pedal, that was all.

relz

Reaction score
Agreed, but if you're braking hard enough on any surface you can lock the wheels and I have never felt any pulsing at the lever, just wondered if it did actually pulse like a car brake pedal, that was all.

It definitely pulses on the MT09. To test, just slam on the rear brake as if attempting to skid the rear wheel. You won't skid, but you'll feel the pulsing in the pedal.

I've felt it with the front brake, on occasions (mainly when braking on uneven surfaces), but that's scarier to reproduce...

motorcycleboy

Reaction score
Lagonisi Athens Greece, 37,5km from the city cente
I' ve activated the front wheel's abs twice. The first time was when i tried to stop the bike at red light on a slippery sloapy road and the second time when a woman who was driving a Mini Cooper decided to press the brake pedal for no reason as i was riding a few meters back of her car... then i grab the front brakes and as i was getting ready to touch on her car.... i felt "the pulse" in my right palm, my mt stopped about 30cm from the car and i felt a strong pain at my left bollock... (that was smashed on the bike's tank).
I left her feeling happy cause i walk away without crash but me eyes were full of teardrops from the pain i felt...
About the rear, i realize that i can't "flick" the bike in corners anymore, from the day i change the D214 with the PR4s.
Alltough the pulse you feel on foot seems like something is scraching your sole...

Last edited:

MadGelo

Reaction score
There are some pictures on another forum, guy crashed in his FZ 09 and made a rather large dent in the tank with his testicles ...