It's Much, Much Better Than A Speed Triple

crotchrocket

Reaction score
I was led to believe that I ordered the first orange ABS for that dealership so they shouldn't have another. Its the shit communication that has pissed me off.

I am recovering from an illness that kept me off bikes for nearly two years and I will lose my NCB by May
I've seen an Orange ABS in Yamaha Clapham, perhaps your dealership can poach it? ITs been there a few weeks,

Smurf

Reaction score
I will go up at the weekend. As they are, in their own words at the time the largest Yamaha dealers in the country and obtaining one wouldn't be a problem.

Spot

Reaction score
And CMC Cannock might still have the Orange one I ordered and that was delivered a few weeks ago (until I saw their Kenny Roberts paintjob one and bought that instead).

Smurf

Reaction score
it is CMC Clay Cross I am dealing with so I will see.

At this moment I would like my deposit back but can't see that happening despite agreeing a £100 deposit then when signing up they wanted £500. Should have been suspicious then.

crotchrocket

Reaction score
WHen i discussed deposits with them, it was fully refundable if you changed your mind for any reason, it just meant the dealers were allocated the bike.

Triple Trouble

Super Moderator
Reaction score
Deposit is refundable from ALL Yamaha dealerships for a start, and uv gotta be goin some for the ABS to kick in on the MT-09...! And if ur goin that fast and need to stop, the ABS is gonna be the last thing to save u. Marcusfordus is rite when he said u don't need ABS, traction control wud if been more useful

Smurf

Reaction score
Cheers

I will have calmed down by the weekend and will see what they have to say about the total lack of communication, I had a feeling something was wrong but I was looking forward to next week riding it. Got the week off work and I thought my biggest issue would be the weather.. I really don't want to lose my NCB after all these years either.

Triple Trouble

Super Moderator
Reaction score
I'm sure it will all come good..! If u struggle then give me a shout and I will speak to my mate who owns a Yamaha/suzuki dealership and see if he can source one for u..!

Smurf

Reaction score
Thanks

I have been so excited about it and the battle with the missus to have a bike again lasted most of last year. I'm just gutted.

marcusfordus

Reaction score
Take their red/white speed block off them. They still had it yesterday. No ABS but does have gold forks.:D

Sent from my XT615 using Tapatalk 2

Stripy

Reaction score
Smurf, I'm very sorry to hear about your experience with CMC.
It is not great news, and sadly not much information to you either.

First of all, if you have paid your deposit with your credit card, you can call them to cancel the transaction - however, CMC should return this to you without helping it up. However, I would suggest a "political correct" approach to CMC; go talk with a higher manager, and express your views and disappointment in the lack of communication, and you upcoming problem with the insurance.
If there is nothing they want to do, feel in your full right to name and shame them - but before that, i'd suggest you contact Yamaha Customer services and let them know about your concerns for being without a bike.
Supply seems not to be fully or equal though, so you might have to look around somewhere else to do the deal.

As Triple Trouble have mentioned and offered, he might have a contact as well - and I'm confident, that if i make contact to my good friends at Sheffield Motorcycle Center, they might be able to pull in a string or two as well.

If there is anything we can help you with, just shout up and we will do our best - we can't have you going around without your MT, with or without ABS! :)

pipski99

Reaction score
Well shocked by the dealer, when I placed the order in December they said mid Feb so I said I will wait for new reg on 1s March. They said they will me know when it arrives.

As time is marching on the missus gave them a call and they are saying May.

Whish I had gone Triumph now. Still might stuff the deposit.
I have to say my experience with my dealer has been shocking too since I bought my MT but the triumph dealers I dealt with were no better while I was dealing with them. That was 3 different triumph dealers, yorkshire, blackburn and ashford.

I'm still glad I went for the yam though.

Stripy

Reaction score
If you feel you're being treated badly, you should vote with your feets.
If it is fair, and others can come in a very unlucky situation, speak freely up about the bad experience, you've had; make sure the importer/distributor receives your viewpoints.

As a consumer, you are entitled to a few rights, know them, and use them :)

biggiep

Reaction score
it is CMC Clay Cross I am dealing with so I will see.

At this moment I would like my deposit back but can't see that happening despite agreeing a £100 deposit then when signing up they wanted £500. Should have been suspicious then.
I have to say I bought a bike from Clay Cross and they are without doubt the shoddiest dealership I've ever had the misfortune of dealing with!

I usually use Raceways in fleetwood but they had a particular bike I wanted at the time.... never again! Stick with good dealers and they don't get any better than Raceways!

Smurf

Reaction score
Just an update,

I took your advice and was calm by the time I went in. I haven't canceled the bike as I do really want it and happy with the deal.

I am reasonably happy with what the salesman said to me - Took it on the chin and didn't make any excuses.

My two years is insurance is up mid May so they are now fully aware if the bike is here by 1st week in May the deal s off.

Thanks for all your words of advice and offers of help - it is appreciated

Smurf

Reaction score
Still no communication from CMC about my bike. Got a few days off work after today so I will be going down to sort it out once and for all. I reckon they should know if it is going to arrive by 1st May so if it isn't confirmed with proof then I am canceling it and going back to Triumph.

Ordering the bike in December for a 1st March delivery with no communications is the worst customer service I have ever experienced.I haven't had a Yamaha since my LC in the 80's and the whole process from this dealer has put me off from ever having a Yamaha.

marcusfordus

Reaction score
I dropped into Claycross yesterday and they have an awful lot of non abs stock ( with sold on then, yeah right! ). Non of the nice colours mind you. Dont give up on the bike, its brilliant, just swap dealers and get the deposit back from them. My bud did the same and got his deposit back when the street rally got delayed.

Sent from my XT615 using Tapatalk 2

Smurf

Reaction score
Will see what they say, my mate went to Clay Cross yesterday and they had an ABS model there but a matt grey one so they are here. If I see an orange one I will really go mad. I ordered the first one.

Smurf

Reaction score
Popped in on the off chance today, but the salesman I am dealing with is off till tomorrow. The one I spoke to mentioned possibly having to wait till August and if I ordered the screen that will be on back order. I told them I am coming back tomorrow and canceling the order.

On a side note my mate was up their Clay Cross site at the weekend and asked about the availability of Orange ABS models and the salesman told him a funny story about someone waiting for one for months. He really thought it was funny.

Last edited: