just a couple of photo's

Davy

Reaction score
went for a spin today on a nice but freezing cold day and stopped to take some photos of the bike for no reason whatsoever :p

2015-02-21-14.58.15.jpg

2015-02-21-14.58.jpg

2015-02-21-14.58a.jpg

2015-02-21-14.59.jpg

Ta

flipper

Reaction score
looking good there Davy. Sure was bloody freezing out on the bike today.

alan_manic

Reaction score
You seen the Madstad screen? It's masssssive!

DSC00710.jpg

Davy, I've only had my bike out once since the end of October. How's your getting on with the dreaded salt? Do you use ACF-50 spray?

Davy

Reaction score
You seen the Madstad screen? It's masssssive!

View attachment 2801

Davy, I've only had my bike out once since the end of October. How's your getting on with the dreaded salt? Do you use ACF-50 spray?
Ha ha, that screen will give you an extra 5mph when going downwind.

The bike is actually doing quite well as far as rust goes, I've been using ACF-50 since I got the bike usually once or twice a week. The only bits to show rust are a couple of hose clips behind the exhaust headers and the inside edges of the brake rotors. One bit though that I discovered this weekend was up on the headstock top bearing..not sure if it was rust or just muck but it got cleaned and sprayed so I'll keep an eye on it.

Davy

Reaction score
why don't people just get a tracer if they are going to stick that plank on the bike lol
I think I've been guilty of trying to turn my MT into a Tracer for the winter, but as soon as the nicer weather comes most of those bits are coming off, including the screen and a Yam one to replace it.. mind you still toying with the idea of trading it for the Tracer later anyway but I do change my mind a lot lol

Locksmith

Reaction score
Pity you went for the slowest colour. Were they out of stock of Deep Armor?

Davy

Reaction score
Pity you went for the slowest colour. Were they out of stock of Deep Armor?
I need to take things a bit slower at my age..and I like the colour. Thought the deep Armor looked like an old womans hair dye, black but with a purple tint :p

Davy

Reaction score
some more photos, again for no reason :p

2015-03-21-13.31.53.jpg

2015-03-21-13.32.jpg

2015-03-21-13.32a.jpg

2015-03-21-13.32b.jpg

On another note, about 20 mins before I took these I witnessed another rider have an off. I was poodling along 'slightly' above the speed limit and noticed another bike in my mirrors, I kept to the inside of the road which I suppose encouraged him to overtake me and the first right hander we came to he must have misjudged his line and ran wide, I didn't think he was going too fast for the corner, he jumped the kerb and onto the grass, did a great job of missing a large road sign but next to it the roadside kerb had a 'v' in it for a syver, he hit that and went airborn and he and the bike ended siding about 50 yards down the middle of the road.

It looked a sore one but the guy insisted he was ok, he was wearing textiles which were shredded, helmet visor was off, the bike I think was a Suzuki 900 RF (not sure though) looked as you'd expect but started and was drive-able minus a few bits. Kind of just wish I'd pinned it and didn't let him overtake, although I know that's me being stupid lol.

davie

Reaction score
What screen is that?. I have a small fly screen, but even at 50mph the wind hits you right in the chest, I was looking for something that throws the wind up a bit.

chump

Reaction score
it's an MRA touring screen. I prefer mine without a screen at all to be honest. the wind blast isn't that bad.

davie

Reaction score
Is it any good though, I am planning on going on a 2 day run and don't fancy going 90 mph with the current fly screen that I have on it now

chump

Reaction score
you can adjust the top flap thing to deflect the wind more or less. no idea if it works on the MT.

Kinjane

Reaction score
Those things only work at subsonic speeds.
Fine for a Tracer but useless on the MT :cool:

Davy

Reaction score
Is it any good though, I am planning on going on a 2 day run and don't fancy going 90 mph with the current fly screen that I have on it now
It is the MRA Vario Touring screen, works fine at high speed in it's highest position. It does increase wind noise though.