Kev's "Anti throttle surge mod"!

kevxtx

Reaction score
Read my EBay rider feedback for further feedback, I have said this a few time to you now not sure what else I can say, there are improvements over any map installed in the ECU because no one has altered anything in the closed loop mapping, there are improvements over the Flash Tune maps, STD 2014 map, 2014 reflash map, 2015 maps, so in all there are improvements over every map ever designed for this MT09 out there to date, not much more I can say.

RipGroove

Reaction score
It seems that the Yamaha remap attempts to cure the same phenomena (hairpin transitions), and it does it quite well IMO (and its free too).
Hence my question, if this mod still adds further improvement.

Kev, perhaps you can dig up a review from a customer who added this on top of the Yamaha flash?
I "should" have Kevs mod on the way as I've sent payment and I'll also be getting the Yamaha flash done in the next couple of months so I'll post the results unless someone beats me to it between now and then.

Sent from my iPhone

marksim

Reaction score
I "should" have Kevs mod on the way as I've sent payment and I'll also be getting the Yamaha flash done in the next couple of months so I'll post the results unless someone beats me to it between now and then.

Sent from my iPhone
Same here,but just to ad,
Yamaha's re'map does make it better but they are governed by the emissions laws so they cant go the full hog.
Kevs does and addresses all the probs but obviously breaks the emission laws.
Its up to you,i also have a few old 2 stroke bikes and i hate to think how they would go on with the tests these days lol

relz

Reaction score
Read my EBay rider feedback for further feedback, I have said this a few time to you now not sure what else I can say, there are improvements over any map installed in the ECU because no one has altered anything in the closed loop mapping, there are improvements over the Flash Tune maps, STD 2014 map, 2014 reflash map, 2015 maps, so in all there are improvements over every map ever designed for this MT09 out there to date, not much more I can say.
Thanks for the pointer, I will look into the Ebay feedbacks, to see if anyone specifies doing it on a Yamaha flashed MT09.
I apologize for sounding so anal, and repetitive, and appreciate you patience in answering my questions.

I really love this bike and have since the first day. With every modification (G2, suspension, remapping...) I'm pleasantly surprised that I like it even more. That's why I'm willing to spend even more money, in order to have even more fun on the bike.
I do realize that on the paper your mod does something that isn't addressed by any of the other maps, I'd just trying my best to make sure (without actually riding a modded bike) that it is actually noticeable (by regular human rider) and not just a minute change that can be recorded by a computer, before I fork out the money.

I'll read around the subject a bit more, and then make a decision. Thanks.

RipGroove

Reaction score
Same here,but just to ad,
Yamaha's re'map does make it better but they are governed by the emissions laws so they cant go the full hog.
Kevs does and addresses all the probs but obviously breaks the emission laws.
Its up to you,i also have a few old 2 stroke bikes and i hate to think how they would go on with the tests these days lol
This is exactly why I'm happy paying for Kevs mod, I don't care about emissions.

Sent from my iPhone

marksim

Reaction score
This is exactly why I'm happy paying for Kevs mod, I don't care about emissions.

Sent from my iPhone
Couldnt agree more mate
All them green do gooders flying alover the world to have meetings about pollution.
more emissions than all our bikes together in a lifetime.

RipGroove

Reaction score
Couldnt agree more mate
All them green do gooders flying alover the world to have meetings about pollution.
more emissions than all our bikes together in a lifetime.
Exactly!

Sent from my iPhone

relz

Reaction score

Sent from my iPhone
TBH I'm not too concerned about the emissions either. I'm just concerned about spending money on something that may not make a noticeable difference (besides pissing off some green do gooders ;) )

RipGroove

Reaction score
TBH I'm not too concerned about the emissions either. I'm just concerned about spending money on something that may not make a noticeable difference (besides pissing off some green do gooders ;) )
Yeah I hear that totally. For me at least the surging while at constant throttle is really annoying, and from what I gather this is due to the air fuel ratio being cocked about with by the ECU. The effect may well be reduced by the Yamaha flash but as they are bound by emissions laws it'll never be completely solved, so hoping Kevs mod will help with that.

Sent from my iPhone

kevxtx

Reaction score
The re-flashed 2014 OEM map open loop A/F ratio is between 13:1 & 13.6:1 across the whole fuel map, with a custom map you can set the A/F ratio anywhere you want it in the open loop.

Locksmith

Reaction score
eliminates the hesitation that occurs at small throttle opening when the ECU switches from the lean closed loop (ECO) mode to the richer open loop map.
Ahh, is that what the little ECO symbol is on the dash?
That can stay on a long time while cruising!

motorcycleboy

Reaction score
Lagonisi Athens Greece, 37,5km from the city cente
Has anyone found a full exhaust system makes and difference to snatching/surging? I ask as I have just got mine new with full arrow system baffle still in and it feels ok, in A mode it is a bit brutal but in B mode very controllable rode to work on wet roads lots a slow control etc didnt notice anything untoward.

Mine is a 2014 with standard map have option for reflash if want it.
I'm in the same situation as you (standard map-not reflash/stock exhaust) and i found that by putting a DNA filter the mixture (air/fuel) is reacher in low rpm than when i had the stock air-filter. The result is a less "snatchy" response about 20-30% than with stock filter only with that simple "modification" and that is noticeable on the road.
And for that reason i suggest it to all of us..

Sorry, but just now i realize that you have Arrow zorst... allthough i think that dna filter could help in your case...

Last edited:

lee1980

Reaction score
I'm in the same situation as you (standard map-not reflash/stock exhaust) and i found that by putting a DNA filter the mixture (air/fuel) is reacher in low rpm than when i had the stock air-filter. The result is a less "snatchy" response about 20-30% than with stock filter only with that simple "modification" and that is noticeable on the road.
And for that reason i suggest it to all of us..

Sorry, but just now i realize that you have Arrow zorst... allthough i think that dna filter could help in your case...
I see thanks, at the moment new so breaking it in, and do not find it a problem as yet, will know more once broken in etc.

Kinjane

Reaction score
Mine arrived today :)

Unfortunately I've got a much needed engine strip under way on another bike and one of my storage spaces for the parts is the floor space under and around the '09,
so the O2 plug in won't be plugged in just yet :(

Kinjane

Reaction score
Well this thing definitely plants some candles firmly into the cake's icing.

The slight but never the less distracting hesitation that was still present on my 2014 ABS model after the Yamaha remap has now completely disappeared,

which leaves me free to concentrate on the more important things :)

Now did somebody mention about removing the top speed restriction in 5th and 6th gears?

Last edited:

misscrabstick

Reaction score
I believe mine is at the post office, i was at work yesterday and Crabstick junior was at college so we missed the postie. Will be collecting tomorrow.;)