Led indicators ?

Baz69

Reaction score
Was gonna change indicators lookin on ebay lots fom Hong kong anyone tried any of these and if so what you think,might go for yam led replacements just had quick look at front ones how are they fixed on I don't see a threaded end with nut and rear has r@g tail tidy by previous owner so they are a click fit ,so question is if I buy either orig yam led or aftermarket how do I fit ,I just presumed it was a 8mm threaded nut am I missing something here

flipper

Reaction score
Yam ones come with resistors and blanking plates.

R&g also sell blanking plates.

lee1980

Reaction score
Deff a mod, Im gona do at some point, I guess its easier to change relay rather than have inline resistors unless theres lots of space for them?

Are Yam ones worth the price though?

marksim

Reaction score
I got the Black Yam ones from yamabits.co.uk £40.99 a pair.
They come with resistors and blanking covers for original holes.
Theres plenty of room behind headlamp and under seat for resistors to hide.
Straight forward fit with everything included and no messing.
Well happy

lee1980

Reaction score
I got the Black Yam ones from yamabits.co.uk £40.99 a pair.
They come with resistors and blanking covers for original holes.
Theres plenty of room behind headlamp and under seat for resistors to hide.
Straight forward fit with everything included and no messing.
Well happy
Thanks, I saw them earlier cheaper on there now got to resist lol spent a lot in last few weeks on it, I guess the £40 each end works out cheaper than buying all separate unless get cheapo eBay indicators.

bullet

Reaction score
Dats funny coz I got a problem with mine took all indicators apart and someone has put four on mine it's was fine but lately popped two fuses could dat b y???

flipper

Reaction score
Dats funny coz I got a problem with mine took all indicators apart and someone has put four on mine it's was fine but lately popped two fuses could dat b y???
if it was fine and now is not you may well have a short to ground, hence the blowing fuses.

bullet

Reaction score
if it was fine and now is not you may well have a short to ground, hence the blowing fuses.
That's wot I was thinking had a look at all da connections cleaned dem aswell but can't get to the bottom of it, only thing I can think of is the resistors in the rear have got bad coz some twat put dem under the number plate and water has made them gone bad. Going to sort it out 2day if that's the case and yr sayin I only need two jus gonna take the rear ones out

MadGelo

Reaction score
when I had 4 fitted and tried to use emergency signal, blinkers would stop working all together.

now I just have two on each side of the lock touching the frame under the seat.

marksim

Reaction score
when I had 4 fitted and tried to use emergency signal, blinkers would stop working all together.

now I just have two on each side of the lock touching the frame under the seat.
Was this with the Yamaha ones,cos i have them and have 4 resistors fitted and they work fine?
Must admit not ridden the bike since i fit them due to weather but they work fine in garage.

MadGelo

Reaction score
Was this with the Yamaha ones,cos i have them and have 4 resistors fitted and they work fine?
Must admit not ridden the bike since i fit them due to weather but they work fine in garage.
yes, Yamaha ones.

It didn't happen every time, but often enough.