Modified ZX10 rear shock on ebay

Triple Trouble

Super Moderator
Reaction score
Lol. I didn't see it. I never miss a post usually. Must try harder [emoji12]

MT-09 Wheelie Wheelie mental.....!

marthy

Reaction score
Nice find. ZX-10 shock is hard to beat for the $. That one is a steal!

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I337 using Tapatalk

crotchrocket

Reaction score
I asked the seller what modifications he made to the shock to make it fit the MT-09 as i was interested in it. I can't really decipher his answer!!

Hi, I screw cut aluminium bar M 16,tapped the 10 mm hole offset,screwed in the inserts riveted them and re drilled the hole to 12 mm to suit the Yamaha. Cut excess off end and machined rad.
Kind Regards
Greg

M

MT account

I asked the seller what modifications he made to the shock to make it fit the MT-09 as i was interested in it. I can't really decipher his answer!!

Hi, I screw cut aluminium bar M 16,tapped the 10 mm hole offset,screwed in the inserts riveted them and re drilled the hole to 12 mm to suit the Yamaha. Cut excess off end and machined rad.
Kind Regards
Greg
sounds like chinese instructions to me...........id go round the 1st few corners slowly if you go for that!

M

MT account

I wouldn't be fixing it to my bike for sure!

Sent from my XT615 using Tapatalk 2
i was up for it when i saw the sexy red spring but then i read (tried to read) the mod specs............i think ill stick to maxton purple now :)

Spot

Reaction score
In the "Maxton" thread where I was asking about the ZX10 / ZX14 shock mod, someone mentioned that a good replacement shock to get for the MT-09 was from a 2006 Kawasaki ZX6R.
Hopefully I got lucky and found one on evil bay for just £25 that looks good in the pics and is claimed to be from a low mileage bike.
Fingers crossed ! :)

MadGelo

Reaction score
just because guys english aint perfect, doesnt mean something is wrong with it.

M

MT account

just because guys english aint perfect, doesnt mean something is wrong with it.
yup, so who's gonna fit it and then try a 4 gear wheelie down a dual carrigeway? ...........dont forget the video.....

M

MT account

In the "Maxton" thread where I was asking about the ZX10 / ZX14 shock mod, someone mentioned that a good replacement shock to get for the MT-09 was from a 2006 Kawasaki ZX6R.
Hopefully I got lucky and found one on evil bay for just £25 that looks good in the pics and is claimed to be from a low mileage bike.

talking of zx6 and maxton........this looks like the 1 for the job......
ZX6R Rear shock Maxton RT10 03/04 b1/b2 | eBay

stevecbr

Reaction score
Let us know how you get on with it, and any problems fitting the thing

RipGroove

Reaction score

Kind Regards
Greg
As an engineer this actually makes sense to me, as long as long as he is a competent engineer it will be fine.

Sent from outer space

crotchrocket

Reaction score
As an engineer this actually makes sense to me, as long as long as he is a competent engineer it will be fine.

Sent from outer space

Can you re-write it in laymen's terms lol

Last edited by a moderator:

RipGroove

Reaction score
Can you re-write it I'm laymen's terms lol
I understand the terms but as I don't know the shock itself and the mods required to fit it to the MT I can't exactly explain what has been done and where. That said though if he's scew cutting bar then I guarantee he's at least a half decent engineer.

Sent from outer space

Spot

Reaction score
Let us know how you get on with it, and any problems fitting the thing
Bollocks! I sort of messed up......
I should've got a 2005/06 ZX6RR shock, not ZX6R. Hopefully it should still be useable. It's a 335mmshock length rather than 330mm.
I'll letcha all know how it goes when it arrives.