mt 09 street rally- track bike

motorcycleboy

Reaction score
Lagonisi Athens Greece, 37,5km from the city cente
LOL this is embarassing between the front caliper mount and disk, the worst bit is that if i had of cut the last couple of mm of skin holding it on and thrown the bloody finger away i would be ten grand better off. twat of the week wayne beeston .
Wish the best to you and hope you have fast and full recovery the sooner !!!
The right index finger is "the front brake finger" and we have to love it as one of the most usefull parts of our body...
And for the midle finger the use is the same and more............

I just realize that is the midle finger of your left hand...
Sympathy remains the same and more...
About the smilling face at it.. reminds me when i want to send Reiki to somebody i do with a pen something like this in my left index finger.

Last edited:

RipGroove

Reaction score
new panels turned up, put them on for fit and they are perfect all bolts line up and job done. moved dash to new position, now have to fit a steering damper that i blagged off ebay for £5.00 here are some pics wayne.
What steering damper and how are you mounting it?

Sent from my iPhone

the voices

Reaction score
i believe it to be a jig hole on the front of the headstock at the bottom, perfect position for a damper, its hidden by the race cowl, then i removed the plastics from around the front of the tank and there are two holes that i could mount a fixing and have a 916 style damper on the bike. both positions are easy to get to, never fitted one before so will post pic of mock up or should that be muck up.

the voices

Reaction score
Yeah i cut one off years ago, it's a wierd feeling picking up your own finger and taking it to A&E.
I didn't bother having it stitched back on they couldn't gaurantee it would work?
hope it is ok it's the nerve damage and ligaments that are the issue
feeling hasnt come back on my bloody finger, so you done right there by not having it stitched back on, the doctor says that i would be better off without it as im in the building trade and i am liable to damage it even more now.

the voices

Reaction score
forks should be back this week, wilbers 641 rear shock and yamaha mt09 original forks modified with triumph speed triple internals, also spacers fitted due too much fork travel, will try to get a bit more info on forks if they will tell me. still waiting for decals and footrests

l34chy

Reaction score
feeling hasnt come back on my bloody finger, so you done right there by not having it stitched back on, the doctor says that i would be better off without it as im in the building trade and i am liable to damage it even more now.
Yeah I am a joiner by trade and it happened on a bench ripsaw blunt one aswell, my mate did the same had it stitched back on and it never took he got infection and had to have it chopped off to the bottom knuckle.
might be an idea to remove it but I bet they won't do it on the nhs, bad news mate sorry to hear that

l34chy

Reaction score
forks should be back this week, wilbers 641 rear shock and yamaha mt09 original forks modified with triumph speed triple internals, also spacers fitted due too much fork travel, will try to get a bit more info on forks if they will tell me. still waiting for decals and footrests[/Q
who is doing your forks?
So will you have compression and rebound adjustment on both of forks? thats an interesting concept the maxton cartridges I am looking at having fitted next week will cost me £600.
how much is this conversion costing.

the voices

Reaction score
forks should be back this week, wilbers 641 rear shock and yamaha mt09 original forks modified with triumph speed triple internals, also spacers fitted due too much fork travel, will try to get a bit more info on forks if they will tell me. still waiting for decals and footrests[/Q
who is doing your forks?
So will you have compression and rebound adjustment on both of forks? thats an interesting concept the maxton cartridges I am looking at having fitted next week will cost me £600.
how much is this conversion costing.
£594.00 INCL vat for mine, i never seem to go down the easy (read sensible) road with anything, at moment unsure on settings as i left it up to them to sort out best options.

l34chy

Reaction score
£594.00 INCL vat for mine, i never seem to go down the easy (read sensible) road with anything, at moment unsure on settings as i left it up to them to sort out best options.
Ok I have just emailed richard @ Maxton and confirmed I am gonna have new cartridges with springs and adjustable fork tops on both legs and fit them myself which will cost £588
they will come set pretty much to my weight and use ie fast road and track

Fish1216

Reaction score
Yes flipper, their only about 4 miles from me, popped in after I had my bike, recommended by a friend who had his bandit done there.

Can't remember exactly, but 640 or 641 rings a bell for some reason. It's not something I've looked at before

They were doing it as I don't have the facilities to change them myself.
You went to see them then? Im still yet to go down on the MT because i know its money i carnt afford lol

MT09-Smurf

Reaction score
You went to see them then? Im still yet to go down on the MT because i know its money i carnt afford lol
Yes mate, about 3 weeks after I had bike... Recommended by a mate who had a bandit.... But me too, want an Akra, braided lines and suspension... But can't doo the sodding lot in one go

the voices

Reaction score
forks should be back this week, wilbers 641 rear shock and yamaha mt09 original forks modified with triumph speed triple internals, also spacers fitted due too much fork travel, will try to get a bit more info on forks if they will tell me. still waiting for decals and footrests
getting pissed with mct suspension, been three weeks already and they rekon its going to be another three weeks for the rear shock.

l34chy

Reaction score
getting pissed with mct suspension, been three weeks already and they rekon its going to be another three weeks for the rear shock.
dropped my bike off at Maxton yesterday Richard said a fortnight to do fork cartridges and gp10 rear shock which is the first one.
they will have to mount the resrevoir seperately on the frame for access to compression and rebound so hope it is

the voices

Reaction score
looks good when is our first meeting or trackday i'm at Oulton Park 29th Februry acu day renew my licence.
what club you joined?
seems to be taking so long to get the bits sorted i havent even booked anything yet, bike still hasnt done 400miles yet, should work out fine will be the thundersport streetfighter class cheers wayne.