my mt09 from the dyno

razz

Reaction score
I have just rung the lovely chap at track electronics , they have re-worked the fueling , lean at the bottom , rich at the top ( I now have more power ) . they have found that the throttle has a restrictor , as well as the top end cut off , the bike is doing 122mph , but showing 137 on the clock , they are gonna let me have the bike back , as it will take them around 10 days to write the program to get around this , I`ll then take it back to get it MEGA zapped :) yeeeeee haaarrrrrrrrr

Locksmith

Reaction score
Is this the firm that wanted a bike for a week to sort out a re-map?

Bet you cant wait to try it out!

the bike is doing 122mph , but showing 137 on the clock

Is this not just speedo error?

razz

Reaction score
Yep they the ones :) very nice people to chat too , I've always felt the bike was slow compared to the speedo , time to get a gps speedo something or other ?

razz

Reaction score
Oh and yes , even though she's not completely sorted yet , can not wait to get her out n about now she's mapped for pipe n filter

Triple Trouble

Super Moderator
Reaction score
the bike is doing 122mph , but showing 137 on the clock

Is this not just speedo error?
He is exactly right. We had the same results on the dyno. The power drops right down to around 30 Bhp at around 121-122mph and then climbs slowly till it tops out at 141 mph (on my bike)! I'm assuming it's the same on all TB MT's?!?

Triple Trouble

Super Moderator
Reaction score
He is exactly right. We had the same results on the dyno. The power drops right down to around 30 Bhp at around 121-122mph and then climbs slowly till it tops out at 141 mph (on my bike)! I'm assuming it's the same on all TB MT's?!?
Standard 10-20% on the speedo I'm guessing

My Toy

Reaction score
Standard 10-20% on the speedo I'm guessing
Should be +/-10% by law, all speedos I've come across read fast, ie if you are doing 30 on the clock you will actually be travelling at 27. Not being calibrated they will be more accurate at some speeds than others so could show 27 at a true 30, 49 at a true 50, and 65 at a true 70. These are just examples but all speedos read faster than you are really moving.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

flydnb

Reaction score
be interesting t see what power they can get out of the bike with just remap and exhaust etc.

Locksmith

Reaction score
Power drops at120 odd !!!

Wow electronics are far more complicated than you think, you'd expect full power if the throttle was wide open but obviously not!

Triple Trouble

Super Moderator
Reaction score
Power drops at120 odd !!!

Wow electronics are far more complicated than you think, you'd expect full power if the throttle was wide open but obviously not!
The dip in torque was in 4th at 120mph. 5th and 6th don't really make much difference lol

razz

Reaction score
Bloody hell sorry about that , but tinklers were able to fetch my mt this afternoon , so a brisk commute home via a country lane diversion , the roads were like the seaside , but once i`d got through it all , holy cow , thought she was good before , my first bike to be dyno`d , and she is kin fantastic , oh and it was raining too , roll on a dry day . Extremely recommended be this mod , oh and i now have full throttle all the way thru the range , and not just between 3000 n 6000 rpm ? i`ll take her back in a few weeks and get the limiter zapped , sorry if i sound giberish , but shes brilliant even more

Locksmith

Reaction score
Nice!
Wonder how much they will be charging for a reflash.

razz

Reaction score
Nice!
Wonder how much they will be charging for a reflash.
well i`ve put the G2 on , and in some drizzle / rain ,mode A all the way ,went out for a spin , JESUS , this bike is bloody good , i`m crap at expressing myself , but christ , what a machine she is now , i even got myself a gps speedo app or two on my iphone , mounted that on my bars , and done some runs on a runway i located , they were all within a nats tit of each other too , but its not about top end today , its about how bloody AWESOME this bike is :) . ain`t sure how much a flash will be , i`ll ask in a fortnight when i head back , track electronics get a huge thumbs up from me :)

Triple Trouble

Super Moderator
Reaction score
Bloody hell sorry about that , but tinklers were able to fetch my mt this afternoon , so a brisk commute home via a country lane diversion , the roads were like the seaside , but once i`d got through it all , holy cow , thought she was good before , my first bike to be dyno`d , and she is kin fantastic , oh and it was raining too , roll on a dry day . Extremely recommended be this mod , oh and i now have full throttle all the way thru the range , and not just between 3000 n 6000 rpm ? i`ll take her back in a few weeks and get the limiter zapped , sorry if i sound giberish , but shes brilliant even more
Lol I know exactly what you're trying to say...
When I left dyno tech racing after having the custom map written I thought I had got on the wrong bike...
It's absolutely mental now and I'm sure if it had wings I cud literally take off lol.

Spot

Reaction score
A mode. 3rd Gear. About 7,000 revs. Crack the throttle wide open hard to the redline.
Fuck, you just go into hyperspace and I never tire of that feeling :)

rob5006

Reaction score
well i`ve put the G2 on , and in some drizzle / rain ,mode A all the way ,went out for a spin , JESUS , this bike is bloody good , i`m crap at expressing myself , but christ , what a machine she is now , i even got myself a gps speedo app or two on my iphone , mounted that on my bars , and done some runs on a runway i located , they were all within a nats tit of each other too , but its not about top end today , its about how bloody AWESOME this bike is :) . ain`t sure how much a flash will be , i`ll ask in a fortnight when i head back , track electronics get a huge thumbs up from me :)
Razz are you now riding with the G2 and the DNA filter only, and if so how well do the two work together?

rob5006

Reaction score
Has anybody ridden the bike with just the G2 throttle tamer and the DNA Air filter....no dyno or re-mapping, etc....just interested to know what the biles performance is like without all the hi-tech stuff.

razz

Reaction score
Razz are you now riding with the G2 and the DNA filter only, and if so how well do the two work together?
hi rob , she sits at the mo with G2 , DNA , termignoni system and map , i never rode it with G2 and DNA i`m afraid

Locksmith

Reaction score
Has anybody ridden the bike with just the G2 throttle tamer and the DNA Air filter....no dyno or re-mapping, etc....just interested to know what the biles performance is like without all the hi-tech stuff.
A question we need answering :)