New member saying hello

shyted

Reaction score
Hello everyone out there.I'm shyted .
I don't have an MT09 ,or even a Yamaha.
I have got two other bikes one i really like and won't sell, the other i looked forward to getting so much ,but now i've seen the inside of three engines with as little as 3k on the clocks,and seen what crap quality control is all about,i'm not so sure about it.
Last night i went to sleep thinking about the MT 09.
So this afternoon,i went to Raceways in Fleetwood on my ZRX1100.
Ste ,the owner commented about the ZRX and we got chatting.
Next thing i'm throwing my 52 year old leg across the seat of an MT09 with an Akrapovic pipe on.That made me laugh ,the noise and jet of flame on the over run.
Out i went. A mode ,ha ha ha ha ,it went as i shot off down the road.
Was on it around 40 mins and the traffic was bad.
Comfy ,suspension needed setting up but didn't spoil the ride. The throttle is snatchy as hell ,but that didn't spoil the ride really .Nothing but cars and trucks spoiled the ride.
I enjoyed it. Point of all this waffling is ,the price shocked me so much i had to ask three times how much as i thought i'd misunderstood what they said.
I started totaling up what i would do to get it exactly as i wanted and still had change for tax and insurance and a tank or two of fuel compared to the Aprilia V4 i looked at prior to that.
I would also like to bet that when the motor has 18k on it,it don't look like some one turned the cams down with a pen knife like the engine on my bench,like the 3k one i looked at on Wednesday evening both on bikes with good service histories.
So i think i'm going to buy a brand new one in September . I've read about the ECU flash , also suspension mods,cartridges and what have you but who has a higher mileage standard bike and what problems have you had ?
What's the best mods your all finding /doing ?
In anticipation Ted.

stevecbr

Reaction score
I bought one new as soon as they came out in October 2013. Now done 10500 miles, used all year round so seen 2 winters.
Still looks good, no corrosion, loads of life left in chain & sprockets. I still have the standard Yamaha flash, I couldnt see the point of having the free Yamaha update, as it was the agressive throttle that made me want the bike!
Nothing has gone wrong, the only niggle is a rattle at 4000rpm, sounds like CCT to me, I have been back to dealers a few times with it, they say nothing to worry about so nothing been done about it.
The only mods from standard are Yamaha screen, radiator covers & an R&G radiator gaurd, and a front mudguard extender.
Very happy with it, I do double the mileage on the MT than I did on my R1 as its so fun to ride, and is excellent for the type of roads I ride (twisty, bumpy backroads around Norfolk/Suffolk)
There is a youtube video of an MT on standard suspension round the Isle of Man TT. The suspension cant be that bad as he overtakes everything in sight, and it flat out most of the way! https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RwfcttG5wDM&list=FLGBKJPOdBSJSUXS8Dn8d4oQ&index=1