New member thinking of getting the mt 09

ToastedBlue

Reaction score
"prehistoric chasis with a 21st century engine" was an analogy (I think that's the word ?), the engine is superb, the rest of the mechanicalness leaves a lot to be desired in comparison, but I'm not bothered, it makes me smile every time I ride it, the Street Triple didn't :D

flipper

Reaction score
The chassis is fine. Stock suspension is cheap and poorly executed but easily fixed.

lee1980

Reaction score
When I first started biking there wasn't much online then mostly mag reviews, whilst I used to take note, I found most were half the time nothing like I found the bike to be. Usually due to them testing them on track or nice warm countries with smooth tarmac.
If I ever had a bike for just fair weather riding then yea I would probably want something like an R1 and for it ride like a race bike!

But I have always commuted so, softer damped suspensions and ability to change mapping is great on those wet/cold days. I dont feel need to touch suspension yet but sure I will during summer.

I love the chassis seems to work well and looks amazing so slender in the middle to and with pillion hangers gone it looks a lot easier to clean etc.