New member welcome thread..

Rabbitman109

Super Moderator
Reaction score
Chambersburg, Pennsylvania, United States
Hi everyone, my name is Windy Wild Wendy, lol.
Windy because I’m from Chicago, which also known as the windy city (it really is windy), lol.
Wild because that’s how I roll, I love hanging out with my friends and having a good time.
Wendy because…that’s who I am :)
I'm really looking forward to see this community grow
Welcome! Are you looking forward to the FZ-09?

Hellgate

Reaction score
Hey everyone! Great to see a lot of familiar faces here! This is going to be a cool site in the coming years!

Nelly

Super Moderator
Reaction score
I'm an ED nurse manager from the UK, moved to Ireland with Irish wife to raise English children 4 years ago. I am also a MT-09 wanna be, current bike FZ6-S.
I'm looking forward to finding out all about this great bike and like a few others I have been a regular visitor to one of Dennis other sites.

Neil

Senior

Reaction score
Hi Everyone,

First post on here for me, Senior, ( yes the same one from the FZ6-Forum, Hi Dennis :D:thumbup:).

Still riding my FZ6-S 4.5 years after passing my test here in the UK, now thinking about a change, been test riding a few bikes...... and like the idea of a triple that's more upright.

Really looking in on the news for the MT09 /FZ09, but my first reaction was that needs a half fairing ;) and a bigger tank. Perhaps what has been launched is really an N version and if a half faired S version was made it would come with a bigger tank ??

Why Yamaha couldn't give it a single name will be wonder upon for ever, heck they managed it with the FZ6 FZ1 FZ8 in S or N form, (but they've do have form with confusing names in different markets - FZ6R / XJ6 :what: )

Anyhow, bring it on......

Regards Simon

Sent from my HTC One on Vodafone UK 4G using Tapatalk 2

JSP

Super Moderator
Reaction score
Welcome!

I read just today on another forum and I cannot find it now... They said yamaha is claiming 48 mpg. No confirmation on that. Just an "I heard" thing. That would be perfect and still get good range if true.

Xpress

Reaction score
Hi everyone...

Hopeful MT owner here.. currently on shanks' pony. :)
Living in the UK (again), kinda happy to be back but not overthrilled considering the experiences of elsewhere.. (gotta be done to understand) :)

spent most of my life on bikes.. well, and those four wheeled metal box things too seeing as I was an mot tester for a while.. what a game that is..
Am looking forward to this years mega ride in Plymouth..

I have previously ridden mostly kwaka Z 750's.. my last one being the ZR7..which was ok.. a bit of an improvement on the older versions.. not tried a newer model Z though

But, the MT does have some rather nice looks and stats and I'm looking forward to getting up close to one and seeing where i can get my teeth into it :)

Sandroon

Reaction score
Hi....I'm from....every other fz's forums around the world!!!
I love my Fz8 with all my mods, but, ....... this MT09 looks so interesting!!! I'm already pimpin' my wife!!!!!! ;) ...but she does not ear my words.....for now!!!!! but summer is so long ;)

Last edited:

coda281

Reaction score
Hey guys, I'm Dakota and new to the forums!

I'm currently in one of those "four wheeled metal box things" as Xpress calls them unfortunately, but just until I'm done with college then its back to two wheels!! Anyways I just came across this forum and thought I would join and chime in! Can't wait to get to know everyone here.

Seca Yamaha

Reaction score
Finally in!
Name's Erman. I'm currently living in Oslo, despite being born in Istanbul.
Have two project bikes, but I need/want a proper steed!

strata12123

Reaction score
Hi guys!
I hope to have a good time and have fun here with you all! :D

SlanGlad

Reaction score
Hi there!

I am from Belgium, this very small but complex country in the middle of Europe. I currently own a Honda NC700S (my very first motorcycle!) and though it's a great beginner bike, I already feel quite limited with it because it lacks a few... 50 HP! :D

That's why I'd like to trade if for something more powerful. But I want my next bike to be easy to ride too. I'm very interested in that new MT-09. I love the engine in particular, which has lot of torque, HP and is announced to be economic.

In short, I am here to know more about that MT-09/FZ-09 before buying it. :)