New mt09 wolverhampton first bike

MT09-Smurf

Reaction score
They are awesome bikes mate. You'll have a riot on it, i know loads of people have said it but it's an animals at times i threw mine down the road after 6 weeks :( maybe i have the touch of a rapist M'eh dunno... I'd get bobbins for sure... Just go enjoy it dude!!
First thing I put on mine, bobbins & screen...

jezthomas

Reaction score
Hi just passed my test and jumped in he deep end with an 2015 mt09. Extremely happy with it and feel very comfortable with it. Any advice much appreciated
Music to my ears! Down here in Oz we can't get the MT07, which is what I was aiming for, but I thought maybe the MT09 would be too dangerous for me as my second bike, and only a learner-legal bike as my first.
Then I thought maybe I could run it around in B-mode 'til I was used to it and then have a crack in standard mode.
So you're not finding it too jumpy on the throttle or tough to control in any other way? How about around town; is it pretty smooth and easy to control? Do you always put it in B of have you experimented with standard yet?
Any advice greatly appreciated, have fun out there dude!

RatHead

Reaction score
The max bhp and torque I think are the same across the various modes. The only difference is how far you have to twist to get them. Irrespective of what mode you are in, the bikes speed is controlled by your right hand.

motorcycleboy

Reaction score
Lagonisi Athens Greece, 37,5km from the city cente
Stock MT-09s horsepower on dyno is about: 104hp in STD-mode, 104,5hp in A-mode and 96,5 in B-mode.
Max torque is about the same in all modes except A-mode where's the peak is coming at lower rpm than the 2 other modes.
For me, the bike is friendly as a sheep when is in B-mode..

jay86jay

Reaction score
hi i have only just looked back on this site as i have been having far too much fun with her. i have a couple of questions if any on has the answers.
the past few week i have had to take the bike back due to it all of a sudden stalling. once doing 30mph changing from 2nd to 3rd ( back wheel locked up , no fun at all ) and once when i came to a stop, clutched in and it stalled. has any on had this problem before.

also i have had the akra put on the bike and i am now thinking of upgrading the air filter ect.. do i need it mapping and i hear both yes and no from people i have asked.