Oil light soon after service...

RipGroove

Reaction score
Oil light is on only 500 miles after its first service, anyone know what oil the dealer would have put in so I can top it up?

Sent from outer space

flydnb

Reaction score
Thats out of order it shouldnt use any oil and he should have used yamalube , is it leaking ? Out of sump ?

Sent from my GT-N7105 using Tapatalk

RipGroove

Reaction score
Thats out of order it shouldnt use any oil and he should have used yamalube , is it leaking ? Out of sump ?

No no leakage anywhere, so guessing I need to go to a dealer to get some Yamalube then.

Sent from outer space

RipGroove

Reaction score
Will have another look around the engine tomorrow but pretty sure its not leaking.

Sent from outer space

flydnb

Reaction score
It shouldnt use oil like that in 500 miles after a service , there is either a leak or a problem or the dealer didnt put enough oil in .

RipGroove

Reaction score
It shouldnt use oil like that in 500 miles after a service , there is either a leak or a problem or the dealer didnt put enough oil in .

Well hopefully it's just a case where it wasn't filled correctly on the service. Theres no smoke so not burning oil and I'm 99% sure theres no leakage.

Sent from outer space

flydnb

Reaction score
Is there oil in the viewing window

flydnb

Reaction score
Is it between the marks ?

M

MT account

id be asking them if they put any back in the bike! oil light should only come on when theres no pressure, ie out of oil......or are we putting burning oil on the defects list now?

MT-Pete

Reaction score
Well hopefully it's just a case where it wasn't filled correctly on the service. Theres no smoke so not burning oil and I'm 99% sure theres no leakage.

Sent from outer space
Personally, I'd be on the phone to the dealer telling them to pick the bike up & sort it out.

Dzjiepie

Reaction score
Mine had the same issue after the first service.
No leaks, oil level is ok. Warning light burns for a few minutes and then stops burning.

paulrab

Reaction score
^^^^^wot he said^^^^^ I just happened to glance at the clocks and the oil light was on, few seconds later i glance down again...light off. Straight into dealers who hooked the bike up, nothing showed up.He couldnt explain why the light came on, but assured me the bike was fine, and the light only comes on when oil pressure is low, not if the oil level is low. Possible sticky oil pressure switch??

RipGroove

Reaction score
^^^^^wot he said^^^^^ I just happened to glance at the clocks and the oil light was on, few seconds later i glance down again...light off. Straight into dealers who hooked the bike up, nothing showed up.He couldnt explain why the light came on, but assured me the bike was fine, and the light only comes on when oil pressure is low, not if the oil level is low. Possible sticky oil pressure switch??
Hmm ok well I'll double check the level again today anyway and while I'm at it I'll fire it up a few times and see what the light is actually doing then call the dealers.

EDIT/ The manual states the light is for oil level not oil pressure.

g

Sent from outer space

Last edited:

slowrider

Reaction score
as long as the level is within what the manual says... it is ok... the manual actually says that the light may come on from time to time when there is enough oil due to uneven ground the bike is on... that is all... but if it stays on all the time then you will probably have to check it back to your dealer.

mine comes on when standing uphill but then goes off after i ride on a level ground... the oil level on the bike is about half between the low and full marks when engine is off after a few minutes of warming it up.

RipGroove

Reaction score
as long as the level is within what the manual says... it is ok... the manual actually says that the light may come on from time to time when there is enough oil due to uneven ground the bike is on... that is all... but if it stays on all the time then you will probably have to check it back to your dealer.

mine comes on when standing uphill but then goes off after i ride on a level ground... the oil level on the bike is about half between the low and full marks when engine is off after a few minutes of warming it up.
Yeah I read that but it was on level ground and the light stayed on.

Sent from outer space

M

MT account

oh well light for level is better than pressure light. id be filling me pants if an oil pressure light came on. maybe the level sensor is a bit sensitive.

RipGroove

Reaction score
Just checked the window and its well below the minimum mark when the bike is up level, not overly happy about that so soon after a service so will call the dealer tomorrow morning.

Sent from outer space