Oil light soon after service...

misscrabstick

Reaction score
It really sucks that some dealers just do not seem to be able to look after customers as they should be looked after, I have no complaints about my Yamaha dealer they are excellent, however my son has a Chinese 125 trail bike that recently went in for it's 600 mile service, after he got it back we found a small drippage of oil under it after he had parked it on the drive, investigation revealed the lazy mechanic had just left all the oil spill from the filter change and the sump plug pooled up in the bash plate, conceivably this could have blown back onto the tyre and caused an accident, I cleaned it up myself and checked for leaks, none found. They will never ever get any more work from us, the attitude when I called up to moan was like it was no big deal at all and it was normal.

Birdy

Reaction score
It really sucks that some dealers just do not seem to be able to look after customers as they should be looked after, I have no complaints about my Yamaha dealer they are excellent, however my son has a Chinese 125 trail bike that recently went in for it's 600 mile service, after he got it back we found a small drippage of oil under it after he had parked it on the drive, investigation revealed the lazy mechanic had just left all the oil spill from the filter change and the sump plug pooled up in the bash plate, conceivably this could have blown back onto the tyre and caused an accident, I cleaned it up myself and checked for leaks, none found. They will never ever get any more work from us, the attitude when I called up to moan was like it was no big deal at all and it was normal.
I would be chuffed if my Chinese bike got to 600 miles ! Got my son a Dragon 200 trail bike to play on a few years back. What a pile of shite!!! Only had 200 miles on it . Thought i had a bargain for 300 quid .I swapped it for a blood orange and a packet of polo mints.... never again ....

misscrabstick

Reaction score
I would be chuffed if my Chinese bike got to 600 miles ! Got my son a Dragon 200 trail bike to play on a few years back. What a pile of shite!!! Only had 200 miles on it . Thought i had a bargain for 300 quid .I swapped it for a blood orange and a packet of polo mints.... never again ....

Sinnis Apache, actually half reasonable for a chineser.

RipGroove

Reaction score
Called the dealer, they sold me a litre of Yamalube 10-40w for £8.99 so hopefully that'll do it.

Sent from outer space

RipGroove

Reaction score
Yeah they obviously weren't in a giving mood.

Sent from outer space

My Toy

Reaction score
Sold you? They should've given it too you since they obviously short changed you at the service!!!
Shocking. That oil should have been put in at the service. They've done you over my friend.

RipGroove

Reaction score
Well it's always handy to have a bottle around to top it up so I would have bought one at some point anyway. But I do agree.

Sent from outer space