Picked up mine today.

Scuff

Reaction score
Hi all

I've just picked up my new MT-09 Street Tracker ABS, and I'm looking forward to reading the threads on the forum and hopefully will be able to contribute.

Here are some snaps of the new bike. Apologies for the quality from the phone, but I promise that I will get some better one later with my SLR.

Chipfatbob

Reaction score
Hello Scuff!

Very nice, and welcome to the forum. Will be interested to know how you get on with your new toy.

Chip

Cams

Reaction score
That looks awesome mate. I wish the street tracker had been available when I bought mine!

matt.b

Reaction score
So do you think this bike has the new ECU map? Ow do you find the throttle response at roundabout speeds?

Epic bike by the way lol

Last edited:

matt.b

Reaction score
Didnt realise they did Matt grey with gold forks, and is that frame black?
I thought they were all grey framed?
It's just the base colour bike they made for the sport tracker edition. It actually looks different from the one on the yamaha website as the clutch cover is black but it's about the same well done yamaha for being 'sort of consistent' lol.

Scuff

Reaction score
Thanks for the welcome guys.

One of my reasons for buying the street tracker version, was the black frame. The whole effect is very subtle with deep bronze wheels and cam cover.

Riding around slowly has given me no problems and I don't find it snatchy at all. In A mode the bike pulls like a train, with std used for around town and general shopping. B mode for trundling around behind SWMBO on her Thruxton or XJ6, while I attemp to get the ECO light to come on :D

I have had to remove the handlebar cross brace (the dealer left it loose on the PDI) when I fitted and wired in my GPS. I will put it on my Super Tenere, so it won't go to waste.

The top right radiator mount was not fitted properly. The large washer was missing which allowed the Allen bolt to pull through the rubber mount. The radiator had a lot of unwanted movement and rattling as a consequence. So a new washer and re-tightening has solved that one.

I have removed the horrible big white safety sticker from the fuel tank and fitted a Yamaha MT-09 tank pad which goes very well with the overall scheme.

I have carried out a quick run in procedure and changed the oil and filter right away after 50 miles.

Initail impressions are very positive. With the new engine mapping, you can now trundle about in comfort if you are not in the mood for banzai wheelie popping riding that this bike is very capable of.

Last edited: