Power bronze screen review

stevecbr

Reaction score
Looks good, I prefer the looks of the Yamaha one, but your screen does look like it would do a better job, and the angle its fitted at does make it look like its designed for the MT

alan_manic

Reaction score
I've got the yam screen fitted because it looks the best and I thought the bike needed something to finish of the front. I don't see the point in buying a naked bike and then fitting a big screen??

Triple Trouble

Super Moderator
Reaction score
I've got the yam screen fitted because it looks the best and I thought the bike needed something to finish of the front. I don't see the point in buying a naked bike and then fitting a big screen??
Everyone is entitled to their own opinion just like everyone is entitled to do wot they like with their own bike....!

PaulMT-09

Reaction score
If I'm right, powerbronze do a 270mm, 330mm and a 380mm screen. I just ordered the 330mm in blue to match the rest of the the bike.

M

MT account

im still saving up for uprated springs so i can fit this bad boy.......................
DSC00710.jpg

M

MT account

.............and a periscope so i can see over the top in the dark.........................:rolleyes:

M

MT account

DSC00710.jpg
.............there, nailed it. night vision glasses and a radar.........

Chipfatbob

Reaction score
Picked my Powerbronze up from Sam, on Weds. Fitted it on thurs and I've had a couple of good long rides over the last few days to give it a good go. Massive difference from the stock screen. much smoother, looks great and very easy to fit. excellent experience at high speeds and nicely bridges the gap between fly-screen and touring screen. Highly recommended.

Triple Trouble

Super Moderator
Reaction score
Picked my Powerbronze up from Sam, on Weds. Fitted it on thurs and I've had a couple of good long rides over the last few days to give it a good go. Massive difference from the stock screen. much smoother, looks great and very easy to fit. excellent experience at high speeds and nicely bridges the gap between fly-screen and touring screen. Highly recommended.
Glad u like it..!

Another satisfied customer ;)

MadGelo

Reaction score
Ok.......!
So I've just got in from a 95 mile Wednesday night lads ride-out.

Here's my initial findings of the powerbronze 270mm dark tinted screen.

When I had the Yamaha screen fitted I wud get buffeting under the helmet and the worlds supply of bugs hitting the visor at around 85-90 and although it wasn't anything of significance it was enough to make me think about getting a better screen, when I was "flat out" the buffeting was so bad my helmet was lifting up slightly off my head and it caused severe neck ache. Obviously if I tucked up it wasn't bad and was manageable but that's not the riding position we bought the bike for is it. It's a naked bike, if I wanted to ride around all tucked up I wud of kept my Gixxer.

So onto the new screen.....

Travelling at 85-90 sat up normally there was no buffeting at all and no bugs committing suicide.

110-120 was pretty much the same (still sat up normally)! Still no bugs.

Flat out there was a tiny bit of air pushing the helmet from side to side but nothing "out of the ordinary"!

With the Yamaha screen fitted I cudnt have the visor open whilst travelling at 30 without getting severe watery eye syndrome but with the powerbronze screen I managed to travel at 70 before I started to get watery eye syndrome and even then it was very minimal.

All in all this screen is absolutely perfect for wot I want/need to achieve whilst on the bike and my advice to anyone who is looking for a decent looking screen that stops the buffeting is to get this one. Powerbronze also do a taller screen which I'm assuming wud perform even better but IMO it looks like something off a DL1000 and is a bit too big for the MT but I guess that's down to personal preference.

Questions....comments....queries...?
How tall are you?

my MRA Racing Screen trying to rip my helmet off at 130+ km/h, so in a market for new one. Without any screen on, its much better, but i dont like the looks.
Im 190cm and dont wanna be leaning forward ....

MadGelo

Reaction score
Thank you.

Wonder if I should go with Yama fly screen.
I dont mind pressure on the chest, its just helmet I dont want it on ...

Did you have SR seat when you did that test?

Last edited:

Triple Trouble

Super Moderator
Reaction score
Thank you.

Wonder if I should go with Yama fly screen.
I dont mind pressure on the chest, its just helmet I dont want it on ...

Did you have SR seat when you did that test?
Yes I did have the SR seat on. I didn't get wind blast in the chest with the yamaha screen...I got it just under the chin. I don't get that with the powerbronze