Rapid Bike Evo Autotune.

KGnor

Reaction score
Didnt see a thread about this, so im making one.

After alot of research about correct A/F mixture and such when changing mods(exhaust, airfiltet and such), my Yamaha dealer called me and told me about something called Rapid Bike Evo (with AutoTuning).
Its a fuel controller like power commander, but it now comes with this auto tune function.
The autotune works with the exhaust O2 sensor in realtime, adjusting as you drive.
It works with both the open and closed loop.
The great thing about this is that if you want to add something later on like a more open air filter, it will sense the mixture getting leaner/richer and will adjust it accordingly!
Same if you add an exhaust.

I was abit unsure about this, but after speaking to others having done this, the reviews are amazing.
A very nice improved powercurve , and especially the low rpm driving in 1 and 2 gear is perfectly smooth.
So it comes innstalled with a base map, and it adjust from that until perfect. They say the map is improving for about 100miles adjusting at all rpms/TPS, but its alot better right away also!
Im getting this in 10days with the akrapovic carbon.
I will let you all know how it turns out.
I was also in contact with the Rapid Bike company in Italy, they have a great customer service and perfect technical english!

KG

KGnor

Reaction score
Well i had been looking for a fuel controller for some time in regards to getting a new exhaust, also i can really feel how limited the fueling is because of pollution regulations.(Its running quite lean stock)
To have my bike on a dyno wasnt for me..
All this i told my yamaha guy, and he said that powercommander was the only options at that time.

Few days after that, there was a big Rapid Bike meet in Oslo, that introduced this new autotune system to alot of dealers spread across the country.
My dealer said that this would not remove the warranty if they innstalled it, it would also make the bike more reliable as it runs better and colder.
I like my dealer, and the 5 year warranty in Norway! :)

KGnor

Reaction score
The guy knew that i wouldnt buy an Akrapovic from them without sorting out the fuel first. The RB Autotune is so sensitive that it would make adjustments even based on humidity, altitude and so on, great results from the few i have spoken with.
Online theres alot of talk about this from the Ducati riders, really transforms the bike.
You guys have to excuse my poor english!

lgs1181

Reaction score
Didnt see a thread about this, so im making one.

After alot of research about correct A/F mixture and such when changing mods(exhaust, airfiltet and such), my Yamaha dealer called me and told me about something called Rapid Bike Evo (with AutoTuning).
Its a fuel controller like power commander, but it now comes with this auto tune function.
The autotune works with the exhaust O2 sensor in realtime, adjusting as you drive.
It works with both the open and closed loop.
The great thing about this is that if you want to add something later on like a more open air filter, it will sense the mixture getting leaner/richer and will adjust it accordingly!
Same if you add an exhaust.

I was abit unsure about this, but after speaking to others having done this, the reviews are amazing.
A very nice improved powercurve , and especially the low rpm driving in 1 and 2 gear is perfectly smooth.
So it comes innstalled with a base map, and it adjust from that until perfect. They say the map is improving for about 100miles adjusting at all rpms/TPS, but its alot better right away also!
Im getting this in 10days with the akrapovic carbon.
I will let you all know how it turns out.
I was also in contact with the Rapid Bike company in Italy, they have a great customer service and perfect technical english!

KG
Hi KG, i installed Rapidbike racing. asked my tuner about Auto Tuning he say must install RapidBike “My Tuning Bike” for activation auto tuning is it right
20160310_120225.jpg20160310_151131.jpg20160310_151142.jpg

KGnor

Reaction score
Hi lgs, my smartphone wont let me answer you directly as the page dont display that good on the phone.(Might get the app)

Regarding your question im very confused, "my tuning bike" is for bikes without standard exhaust O2 sensors as far as i know, pulled this from the web; "Please note: My Tuning Bike kit greatly improves speed and accuracy but it is not necessary for EVO or RACE systems Auto adaptive tuning future. However this kit is necessary for motorcycles that did not come with O2 sensors as an OEM equipment , such as most Kawasaki models, ZX10R and ZX6R , older Suzuki GSXR and some Yamaha R1 models"

You have the Mt09 right? If the RB unit is old, it might need a update as they are coming out often and sporadicly.

There is three rapid bikes systems for the Mt09, Rapid Bike easy, RB Evo, RB race.
The easy senses bad mixtured and logs this in the RB unit as you are driving, but you have to connect a laptop to see the changes the RB is suggesting, and then confirm it on the laptop to activate it.

The Evo(im getting this) adjust the mixture/map in realtime, no need for computers, but you can ofc connect it to a Laptop also to see exactly where the RB unit is adjusting.This should be the one for most normal riders. Evo supports quickshift mods.

The Race also does engine timing, engine breaking, pit lane limiter among others.
I think i heard about a updated version now that ads traction control.This RB is more for trackdays in my opinion.

All info should be here RB Racing Yamaha FZ-09 (MT09) | Rapid Bike adaptive fuel injection tuning for all sport bikes.
Us Site, but shouldnt matter in regards to RB.
Hope this was of some help.

KG

Locksmith

Reaction score
695 dollars which will probably translate to £695 when it hits these shores!!

Maybe a ecu flash would be a much cheaper option?

KGnor

Reaction score
The evo is cheaper and should be plenty enough! if you change something after having your ecu done, it wont be perfect for that mod. Also i hear setting the ECU back to stock isnt possible?(i might be very wrong on this.

KGnor

Reaction score
Also a ecu flash,power commander and such should be dynoed. RB autotune wont need that, just riding it will do.

KGnor

Reaction score
Lol my answer just vanished?!
I dont know how to make this any more clear.
The benefit will be that your engine always have a perfect air fuel mixture.
Most bikes runs lean from factory due to pollution restrictions.
Adding an airfilter and exhausts and such will often make it even more lean.
This will lead to less power,smoothness in the powercurve and reliability as lean engines often run hotter.
To fix this before, you would have to use a power commander, and then put the bike on a dyno. This is often the case with ecu flashing also.

If you then decide to change something later on, you would most likely have to do a new dyno run for best results.
This wont be the case with RB, as its always "tuning" as you drive, sensing the slightest change in Air fuel mixture.

KGnor

Reaction score
the evo version is closer to 430£ i belive. The Evo should be more than enough for most people!