re mixture

kriss

Reaction score
hi, im sorry if this has been asked before so ive bought a new mt09 and fitted the free acki exhaust and dealer says bike dosnt need mixture resetting but read on some sites/post where folks have adjusted mixture after fitting said exhaust so does bike need mixture resetting or not ? many thanks in advance. just been and checked my co on diag and all 3 are set at zero. now I fitted the acki system 300 miles ago and still has baffle in so what should my co be set at on each cylinder please anyone?

Last edited:

Tafy94

Reaction score
Hi Kriss, my understanding is that the acki, a Yam approved exhaust, will work fine without adjustment so nothing to worry about. However tweaking the CO levels on each cylinder to about 14 makes the low rev throttle response much smoother and only affects the low rev range.

kriss

Reaction score
Hi Kriss, my understanding is that the acki, a Yam approved exhaust, will work fine without adjustment so nothing to worry about. However tweaking the CO levels on each cylinder to about 14 makes the low rev throttle response much smoother and only affects the low rev range.
hi tafy94 , basically this ties in with what dealer said when I asked the question when I fit my acki system do I need to adjust settings and he said no. I don't seem to have any problems with low end power none at all so maybe that's because at 62 ive slowed down a lot but good news from your self which I thank you for very much. my headers don't seem to be changing colour or blueing which is a good sign I suppose. thanks again tafi94

kriss

Reaction score
hi tafi94, just been talking to yami uk who say what you have said and I quote, the co settings in diag only affect starting and tickover and if I leave db killer/baffles installed I wont need to reset my fueling so happy days.

MrB

Reaction score
I cover everything in this video - Change the fueling to +14 - bike will run much better and you will get much better MPG :)

[video=youtube_share;I18WdGaKNok]http://youtu.be/I18WdGaKNok[/video]

Mr B

kriss

Reaction score
I cover everything in this video - Change the fueling to +14 - bike will run much better and you will get much better MPG :)

[video=youtube_share;I18WdGaKNok]http://youtu.be/I18WdGaKNok[/video]

Mr B
hi mr b , ive watched so many of your you tube vids past 24 hrs but this setting of 14 still go if im leaving db killer in ?

MrB

Reaction score
Yeah do it, you can set 10 on a stock bike and get improved mpg - easy to compare, do a steady 10 mile ride - note mpg - change to +14 do the same ride - Bet you £50 you get better MPG!

kriss

Reaction score
Yeah do it, you can set 10 on a stock bike and get improved mpg - easy to compare, do a steady 10 mile ride - note mpg - change to +14 do the same ride - Bet you £50 you get better MPG!
ok ill give it a go. I wish id of took notice of one of your vids yesterday re changing airfilter where you leave tank connected. I removed my tank completely only to drop little orange clip on floor and proceed to stomp on it . ah well you live and learn.

Triple Trouble

Super Moderator
Reaction score
I posted a thread about this almost two years ago. 14 seems to be pretty much spot on lol

Tafy94

Reaction score
As a new member it's often difficult to find the more useful threads, it would be useful if they could be placed in a separate forum. I'd suggest that it be limited to the "how to" type articles, it would help cut down on having the same questions asked repeatedly.
Just a thought.

fizzy

Reaction score
I posted a thread about this almost two years ago. 14 seems to be pretty much spot on lol
If you have the kev mod fitted dosnt he recommended setting it back to 0? I think that what he recommends ,dose that stand for the flash now if you sort the closed loop problem with the flash Rich?

Triple Trouble

Super Moderator
Reaction score
He recommends 0 I believe Keith yes. I'm not sure what settings people have had the CO on when we've done a flash with the closed loop. With have to concur with Gandalf and see if he knows. I'm assuming most will either be factory 0 or 14....

chr1s

Reaction score
I thought that upping the Co values increases the fuel mixture at idle and approx up to 2% throttle openings. How does the mpg improve if there's more fuel being used? Btw, I'm not disputing you just keen to understand this :cool:

Triple Trouble

Super Moderator
Reaction score
I thought that upping the Co values increases the fuel mixture at idle and approx up to 2% throttle openings. How does the mpg improve if there's more fuel being used? Btw, I'm not disputing you just keen to understand this :cool:
My thoughts exactly.

Kinjane

Reaction score
When you change from zero to ?? in the CO settings the richer fuelling produces more torque which means smaller throttle openings are required to produce the same amount of acceleration as before. Less throttle means more economy.
You only end up with worse economy when you start using the extra power produced. Your using that 0 to 2% throttle every single time you pull away from a standstill.