Super Moderator
Reaction score
Sorry. Didn't mean to offend lol.

I'm soooo glad I'm left handed lol [emoji56]

MT-09 Wheelie Wheelie mental.....!

motorcycleboy

Reaction score
Lagonisi Athens Greece, 37,5km from the city cente
Yesterday evenning when i was going home after work i totally ran out of gas...
This happened because i was trying to reach the petrol station that yesterday had "special offer day" for premium petrol at the price of regular (yes Shell doing ths kind of offer 1 day every week).
So, i was riding in reserve just for 49 km in low rpm, with the average fuel consumption at 5lt/100km...
Suddenly the engine started to cough, then was running off, i tried to pull the bike down at left corners trying to put the last fuel to injectors.
I did about 2km before run-off completelly and needed to lie the bike down on the street trying to reach the last drop of fuel.
Actually i realise that as i hold the bike from the left handlebar and the left back of the seat, my motor touch the ground so easily. I was afraid to scratch the engine but (thank God) nothig happened...
So, be aware and go straight to your favourite petrol station BEFORE you see 49km or 30 miles counting......

RipGroove

Reaction score
I was going to ask actually how far it'll go after it starts counting the miles, so about 30 miles then is it?

Sent from outer space

Cypher

Reaction score
I was going to ask actually how far it'll go after it starts counting the miles, so about 30 miles then is it?
I'd say depending on where you ride but 30 miles seems to be the absolute risky tops. I wouldn't risk though seeing as how I lasted 16 miles in Central London in B mode.

RipGroove

Reaction score
I'd say depending on where you ride but 30 miles seems to be the absolute risky tops. I wouldn't risk though seeing as how I lasted 16 miles in Central London in B mode.
Christ, I'll work on 5-10 miles then to be safe.

Sent from outer space

M

MT account

lol! i just got me 1 of these, ill strap it to the luggage frames its 1.5 ltr. that sure wont get me far but its easier to walk to the next village with this can than to push the bloody bike!
$T2eC16hHJI!E9qSO-Rq)BRi2d5!e1Q~~60_12.JPG

.....might buy 1 more, less walking then....

Spot

Reaction score
I'm getting roughly 90 miles out of a tank in the city. More detailed stats available on my Fuelly page: Yamaha MT-09 (Yamaha MT-09) | Fuelly
The traffic must be a killer. My riding is a mixture of light traffic and mad thrashing and i'm getting far better mileage.
The MPG seems to be getting better the more miles I put on it and i'm usually in "A" mode.

big ade

Reaction score
i've never ran mine too low, always worried about running out !
but f-trip to f-trip is about 105 miles , riding like i stole it !!!

Triple Trouble

Super Moderator
Reaction score
I've just come back from a ride out to loomies near Alton in Hampshire. There were some nice big bikes in the pack, R1's, panigale 899 etc and I kept up with them just fine (riding like a cock most if the time)! The bike got a severe thrashing on the way back and I was still getting 49mpg. It was a lot of up and down the box at high revs in the twisties but I was still getting a decent fuel return.

MT-09. Wheelie Wheelie Mental

Cams

Reaction score
I have to say I'm pleasantly surprised at what I'm getting to a tank. The size of the fuel tank was one of the things that I was really unsure about before I bought it. However, I've found it great. I'm never one for letting my petrol get too low (car or bike) so I can't say what The max I've managed is; but yesterday I filled up after 110 miles and the bike still only took 9.5 litres to fill it! And that's me riding pretty much only on twisties pretending to be Valentino Rossi, with max acceleration out of every corner.

Also, after only putting premium unleaded in from the start, I got caught short last week and had to use a garage where premium wasn't an option. I filled it with ordinary unleaded and the bike felt and ran great! Since then I've only used standard 95 and the bike has never ran better. I do remain picky about what garages I go to though and still avoid supermarket petrol if I can!

Triple Trouble

Super Moderator
Reaction score
I have to say I'm pleasantly surprised at what I'm getting to a tank. The size of the fuel tank was one of the things that I was really unsure about before I bought it. However, I've found it great. I'm never one for letting my petrol get too low (car or bike) so I can't say what The max I've managed is; but yesterday I filled up after 110 miles and the bike still only took 9.5 litres to fill it! And that's me riding pretty much only on twisties pretending to be Valentino Rossi, with max acceleration out of every corner.

Also, after only putting premium unleaded in from the start, I got caught short last week and had to use a garage where premium wasn't an option. I filled it with ordinary unleaded and the bike felt and ran great! Since then I've only used standard 95 and the bike has never ran better. I do remain picky about what garages I go to though and still avoid supermarket petrol if I can!
See now I'm the opposite. Only ever put shell in ALL my bikes and the last few tanks I have been putting in that V-power nitro+ bollox and I'm getting a lot more miles out of a tank and I have been thrashing it everywhere. Last night I thrashed the pants of it for a couple of hours on a ride-out with the lads an it didn't drop below 48. something mpg. I never get anywhere near that riding slow with the 95ron stuff. I guess all bikes r different.

MT-09. Wheelie Wheelie Mental..!

Cypher

Reaction score
I've been trying the normal Shell (95), the V-Nitro+ and a couple times some other supplier. I've never noticed any difference, neither between suppliers nor between 95/98. Saving a pound each week on the 95 is nice but putting the best into my bike makes me feel better :)

Triple Trouble

Super Moderator
Reaction score
I've been trying the normal Shell (95), the V-Nitro+ and a couple times some other supplier. I've never noticed any difference, neither between suppliers nor between 95/98. Saving a pound each week on the 95 is nice but putting the best into my bike makes me feel better :)
Performance wise I haven't notice any difference but MPG and Miles are a lot better on 98.

Cams

Reaction score
Very good point. I'm only saving about 70-80p per tank using the 95. I am Scottish though and so naturally as tight as a duck's rear end... :D

Triple Trouble

Super Moderator
Reaction score
Very good point. I'm only saving about 70-80p per tank using the 95. I am Scottish though and so naturally as tight as a duck's rear end... :D
But are u as tight as Twozup? I heard he's so tight he wudnt give a door a bang lol ;)

M

MT account

i can get v power over there so ill probably try 91 n clock the miles per tank then try 95 v power and see whats different. it will cost me tho cos its 74p a litre v 65p for the cheap stuff.

Cobweb

Reaction score
On Shell 95 octane I get 125 to 130 miles on a tank and V power gives me 135 to 140 but I do ride like a big girl, sorry I meant a grown up.

Triple Trouble

Super Moderator
Reaction score
I've just filled up with my usual Shell V-Power Nitro+ and squeezed in 13.87Ltrs. The trip was 136.5 miles and the F-Trip was 12.7 miles. Not bad considering I went on a lads ride-out Wednesday and thrashed it for 2 solid hours.

Twozup

Reaction score
But are u as tight as Twozup? I heard he's so tight he wudnt give a door a bang lol ;)

Cheeky bus-tard!
I'll have you know I'm one of the most giving people you'd ever meet.
Always giving never taking ;-)

On the topic as per op I'm finding around 130miles before I run on fumes. Esso (only "decent" high octane garage near me well either that or Tesco!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Triple Trouble

Super Moderator
Reaction score
Cheeky bus-tard!
I'll have you know I'm one of the most giving people you'd ever meet.
Always giving HEAD, never taking LONG ;-)

On the topic as per op I'm finding around 130miles before I run on fumes. Esso (only "decent" high octane garage near me well either that or Tesco!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
HEHEHE