Rear Splash Guard

Davy

Reaction score
Looks good MT, steel's the way to go and two mounting points, my alu one only lasted a few months. thank f*<£ it didn't end up through someone windscreen.

whooshbang

Reaction score
apologies for the thread resurrection but how is everyone getting on with the spray on back?.... had my first big ride out today and hit some wet roads. stopped for a cuppa and my back and arse was drenched, even my lid was splashed.

Does anyone know where the spray comes up from? for example, is it coming up from the front of the number plate or through the gap between the tail light and number plate?

if that makes any sense!

thanks

Fulfilled-09

Reaction score
apologies for the thread resurrection but how is everyone getting on with the spray on back?.... is it coming up from the front of the number plate...
Yep, this. When it's dry, you get bits of grit being thrown up which work their way under the seat strap. Part and parcel of having a tail tidy. Looks the nuts, but crap at keeping the wet and dirt off.

whooshbang

Reaction score
ah... haven't got a tail tidy on mine, it's completely standard and i still get soaked.

whooshbang

Reaction score
Huh? Didn't realise the standard set up was so inefficient. Bin it and go down the far-improved cosmetic route then WB.
Yup... it's pretty bad. Had a tail tidy on my street triple and used to get soaked.... put the standard tail on and no wet back at all.

Might try and angle the number plate back further to see if it catches more grud and possibly add something to the stem that extends from the tail light to number plate bracket.

Personally do not like the splash guard look..... it's too Ducati for me!

Luke_Price

Reaction score
Yup... it's pretty bad. Had a tail tidy on my street triple and used to get soaked.... put the standard tail on and no wet back at all.

Might try and angle the number plate back further to see if it catches more grud and possibly add something to the stem that extends from the tail light to number plate bracket.

Personally do not like the splash guard look..... it's too Ducati for me!
Try looking for a duck tail, I think Pyramid Plastics do one that you stick to the back of your number plate.