Recall!

Ian Mcmeikan

Reaction score
Just off the phone with Charles hurst yamaha Belfast cause my bike is over there getting the wiring on the light fixed. The guy phoned yesterday to tell me the bike was ready phoned them back the day and they have just received a recall for all mt's! Supposedly it's something to do with a sub harness he's phoning me back later to let me know more.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Triple Trouble

Super Moderator
Reaction score
I can tell u how this will work as we received the email from Yamaha as well. It's a recall on all MT's and the registered owner of said MT will receive a letter from Yamaha advising them of the recall. If u don't want to wait for the letter just get in touch with ur dealer and book it in as every dealer "should" have received the email by now

MT09-Smurf

Reaction score
Poo! My dealer had mine since Saturday, (was working away), it's been serviced, flashed & hopefully CCT, now this recall.. They could have done that while had it....

Good news is, get my baby back tomorrow..

evifish5000

Reaction score
Is it bikes made in a certain time frame I.e certain vin numbers. There isn't anything on vosa or is it a voluntary recall before vosa kicks in.

Triple Trouble

Super Moderator
Reaction score
Is it bikes made in a certain time frame I.e certain vin numbers. There isn't anything on vosa or is it a voluntary recall before vosa kicks in.
I will get the vin numbers for u tomorrow but yes it's a voluntary recall at the moment...! U won't find it anywhere in the press etc

motorcycleboy

Reaction score
Lagonisi Athens Greece, 37,5km from the city cente
Mine is one of the MT-09A... the mechanic had allready put a claim for my bike but, as he told me, there aren't any new cables arrived yet.. So he'll call me when the new part arrives.
Also, he hadn't "reflash" any 09 yet, but next week he'll reflash their demo-bike and he'll give it to me to test it... lol

Triple Trouble

Super Moderator
Reaction score
I expect that u will have had the modification done way before the letter advising u of the recall from Yamaha arrives lol

motorcycleboy

Reaction score
Till today i'd never had receive any letter from Yammy.
Not for the ABS unit recall, not for the CCT replacement, not for the ECU reflash and finally for the front light cable...
But fortunatelly i've got best information as member of this fantastic forum !! (my mechanic must be the most well informed greek mechanic about this kind of "feedback" all over the world... because of me...lol).

Triple Trouble

Super Moderator
Reaction score
Not for the ABS unit recall, not for the CCT replacement, not for the ECU reflash and finally for the front light cable...
But fortunatelly i've got best information as member of this fantastic forum !! (my mechanic must be the most well informed greek mechanic about this kind of "feedback" all over the world... because of me...lol).
Out of interest...
Have u had ur warranty paperwork thru from Yamaha yet or anything from them confirming u have bought and now own the bike?

motorcycleboy

Reaction score
Out of interest...
Have u had ur warranty paperwork thru from Yamaha yet or anything from them confirming u have bought and now own the bike?
After about a month from the purchase of the bike, Yamaha posted me the owners manual and a card with my name and the bikes VIN number.
Everytime i learn about a recall from our forum, i'd call my dealer's mechanic who immediatelly has putting claims for my bike.
As i understand, the "news" arrived first in UK, but here a few weeks later. For example just today (9/19) he received the recall for light cable, if i'd call him yesterday he wouldh't knew anything at all about this -latest- recall.

relz

Reaction score
Seems the same here in Israel.
Good thing we have the forums for networking.

sigtrm

Reaction score
After about a month from the purchase of the bike, Yamaha posted me the owners manual and a card with my name and the bikes VIN number.
Everytime i learn about a recall from our forum, i'd call my dealer's mechanic who immediatelly has putting claims for my bike.
As i understand, the "news" arrived first in UK, but here a few weeks later. For example just today (9/19) he received the recall for light cable, if i'd call him yesterday he wouldh't knew anything at all about this -latest- recall.
How does it look? That card with your name? I never received any email nor snail mail from yamaha. I was with service yesterday, they did not mention the cable, only that I already have newest cct bolt.

motorcycleboy

Reaction score
How does it look? That card with your name? I never received any email nor snail mail from yamaha. I was with service yesterday, they did not mention the cable, only that I already have newest cct bolt.
The plastic warranty card says: "YAMAHA euroservice", MT-09 ABS, JYARN296000....6, my name, 3.4-2016 (the last day of warranty). Also has information for maintenance.
In case i sell the bike before warranty expires, the new owner will receive a new card with his name.
I think that the dealer keep an archive in PC for my bike, services, recalls, warranty claims etc.
Access in this archive have all the genuine Yamaha dealers all over country - and maybe all over Europe, if the "Euroservice" promise is truth..

Ian Mcmeikan

Reaction score
So had my bike back a few days now the light works perfectly ^_^ I also have a copy of the work that there to do in the recall of you would like to see I I can upload some pics. I also got the remap done when it was across there and it feels like a new bike now no snatchyness at all and feels just as powerful.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

MT-Pete

Reaction score
A recall notice for the headlight sub harness landed on my door mat this morning so I'll be getting mine booked in!

Triple Trouble

Super Moderator
Reaction score
Whilst on my way to work this morning I was on full beam goin through some country lanes and came to a T junction. I turned the bars to full lock right and the lights went out but the side lights stayed on. It only does it on full lock right and only on full beam. Will stick it in the workshop later and investigate.

mirdif64

Reaction score
Received the recall letter this morning.
"Work to be done free of charge"
However, it's just over 300 mile round trip to the dealer !!