Recall!

MT09-Smurf

Reaction score
Yep! Just got in! Recall letter waiting patiently for me...

Mines ABS also, saw the question above....!! (And b4 any comments, that's all I could get..)

Lol

deeppurple

Reaction score
Here's the official vin numbers for the MT09 and MT09(A)

Thanks heaps Triple Trouble. And this got me very worried. My model number's RN295 - XXXX, and it is part of the troubled one? oh dear me. I hate to go back to the dealer and all. you can call me lazy, but i live far away from the nearest dealer. I have gotten used to the bike. Is it going to be ok if i just let it be ? or there is going to be more problem if i don't get it fixed ? Please advise mate. Thank you.

pipski99

Reaction score
Dealer called me this morning to say there's a recall for mine. Do I want them to order the kit in to carry out the recall for the plug on the back of the headlight burning out?

Errrrrrr yes please.

Kinjane

Reaction score
Got my recall today. Checked my headlamp. seems plenty of cable between the loom and the back of the bulb going lock to lock and the wirting connected to the bulb itself does not move - seems odd there should be a problem.

Any one have any idea exactly what this involves - a simple extension piece or reattaching a 3 longer pieces of longer wire to the loom itself ?

george

Reaction score
Got my letter today. Does anyone know what's involved? Ie does the tank have to come off etc or just headlight in and out? Cheers

Triple Trouble

Super Moderator
Reaction score
Thanks heaps Triple Trouble. And this got me very worried. My model number's RN295 - XXXX, and it is part of the troubled one? oh dear me. I hate to go back to the dealer and all. you can call me lazy, but i live far away from the nearest dealer. I have gotten used to the bike. Is it going to be ok if i just let it be ? or there is going to be more problem if i don't get it fixed ? Please advise mate. Thank you.
Wot is the last 3 digits on ur vin number?

Triple Trouble

Super Moderator
Reaction score
Got my recall today. Checked my headlamp. seems plenty of cable between the loom and the back of the bulb going lock to lock and the wirting connected to the bulb itself does not move - seems odd there should be a problem.

Any one have any idea exactly what this involves - a simple extension piece or reattaching a 3 longer pieces of longer wire to the loom itself ?
I did mine today...
It's an extension harness that's about 6 inches long

Birdy

Reaction score
Got mine today...shit , no prob on mine i can see, plenty of slack in cable. Have to book a day off work i suppose , local yam dealer wont fit me in on a saturday :mad: