Sat Nav Mount interferes with Tank Bag

donut

Reaction score
I have just bolted on my Yamaha sat nav mount, wired in my Tom Tom Rider dock and bolted it to the mount in preparation for this years trip to the TT and general finding out where the f%ck I'm going.

When I'm out and about I often use a tank bag - in my case I use a Givi tank lock system.

However, I've now found that the sat nav mount (and sat nav) cannot be mounted properly when I have a tank bag fitted (or vice versa of course).

It looks like I may have to try and move the clocks forward so that I may use the front handlebar mounting bolts rather than the rear in order to give more space.

Has anyone else experienced this and if so what was your solution?

Reaction score
No experience with that as a problem but you can move the clocks forward just unbolt from the top,move to the clocks to the back of the mounting point and bolt from the underside,don't know if that will be enough but worth a try.

LewFZ1

Reaction score
I have the Gavi tank lock system on my 09, also I have a Tom Tom as well, I will take a pic and show you the method I have, give me a day or two. Just did the best part of a 2000 mile trip last week and had no issues with what I have.

ToastedBlue

Reaction score
had the same issue with my Givi tank bag, fitted a RAM mount ball to the bar risers and used the rest of the RAM mount parts that came with my Tomtom
there are loads of different RAM mount setups to choose from

RipGroove

Reaction score
No experience with that as a problem but you can move the clocks forward just unbolt from the top,move to the clocks to the back of the mounting point and bolt from the underside,don't know if that will be enough but worth a try.
I did that ages ago to allow me to rotate my bars forward a bit.

Jongeorge

Reaction score
I had the same issue and used the ram mount parts that cam with my Garmin and removed the Yamaha mounting kit image.jpg

LewFZ1

Reaction score
Here are a couple of pics with my setup. Not pretty but works well for me and these is with the tank bag extended and the bars at full lock (steering lock is engaged)20160504_075912[1].jpg20160504_075944[1].jpg Hope this helps.

donut

Reaction score
Here are a couple of pics with my setup. Not pretty but works well for me and these is with the tank bag extended and the bars at full lock (steering lock is engaged)View attachment 4062View attachment 4063 Hope this helps.
Thanks for all your help, pics and suggestions.

Have now removed the Yamaha mount that bolts to the handlebar clamps and just used the ram mount that comes with the Tom Tom Rider and used that as per LewFZ1 suggestion.