Scottoiler

Hexme

Reaction score
I'm interested in the Tutoro duel feed system, had single feed systems from a few different manufacturers and don't think they are as effective as duel feed.

If you have purchased the duel feed system i would be interested in your views as to the quality of the system, as i have had a Tutoro oiler before, but it was a totally different system, the same principle as the Loobman, the quality was not good. but it was only £15 or £20, and i like the simplicity of the design and ease of fitment of the new product.

Thanks owle.
Hi Owle, I purchased the system with the dual injector but decided to go with the single sided option, which was included in the kit. I thought that the dual injector was difficult to mount in a stable, long term position, whereas the single sided option was easy to mount. I still have memory's of mounting dual injectors on old scottoilers and finding the inner nozzle missing or misaligned! The Tracer has a nice swing arm but because of its shape and a couple of hours in the garage weighing up what to use I went with the single sided option.

Shaun64

Reaction score
I have fitted the oiler using the rear footrest hanger. I have also played around with various places on were to fit the feed pipe. I tried recently to fit it so as it fed onto the front sprocket so as to cut down on the oil spatter on the back wheel. At first I thought I had got it spot on but as someone here pointed out it would throw the oil off faster than feeding to the rear sprocket which proved to be the case. It is now back to feeding in at the side of the rear sprocket. To be honest the spatter was not all that bad but with no centre stand made cleaning the wheel a pain. View attachment 4584View attachment 4585

Hi Lew if you are struggling to clean the rear wheel an easy way is to cut a piece of wood or hammer can work well if it's the correct size,with the bike on the side stand you lean over bike stomach on seat and tip the bike towards you then place the piece of wood that's an inch or two taller than the height from the ground to the bottom of the rear axle nut,as place the piece of wood lower the bike on to it it works perfect.for touring I made a folding aluminium folding one I copied the idea from an idea I had seen on the net called (pack a jack) try google it.

O

owle

Hexme, seen your pictures and thought you had purchased the single feed system, thanks for the info, yes duel feed are more difficult to mount and as you say a stable fitment is harder to achieve,

Hexme

Reaction score
Wasn't that keen on the Dual injector, it felt and looked a bit flimsy, not sure about yourself but I ride all year round and I just wanted something I could fit and forget apart from the odd visual check.

Hope that helps

Tony

IMG_20170412_135905.jpg

Mr. Funtcase

Reaction score
Likewise will probably fit the single feed, the quality of the double looks ok and by it's very nature needs to be a bit flexible, the installation looks to be a bit fiddly and it wouldn't take much to get the 2 prongs out of level and you'd end up with a single feed anyway as the oil would drip from the lowest side.

It's a good idea in principle and overall i'm happy with the quality of the kit, nicely packaged and with good clear instructions both in the box and on their website.

O

owle

Its good that you get both type of feeds in the pro and the deluxe kits. which i had'nt noticed. Thanks for the feed back guys

Mr. Funtcase

Reaction score
Nice and neat.
IMG_20170422_161024129.jpg

Good attachment point on rear swingarm.
IMG_20170422_160847578.jpg

Using the helix.
IMG_20170422_160803365.jpg

Might fix something to the back of the heel plate, maybe a short length of rigid hose bonded to the back of the plate instead of those cable ties.
IMG_20170422_160736628.jpg

Used one of the bolts holding the old luggage system brackets on the hanger that I never got around to removing. Had to drill out the Tutoro bracket hole slightly bigger to accomodate the bolt. Note the valve is on inside, well away from accidental knocks.
IMG_20170422_160555845_HDR.jpg

bingowatts

Reaction score
Could you not use the underside of the chain guard to fix the oil pipe, or is there not enough clearance?

Mr. Funtcase

Reaction score
I suppose you could, but i'd rather keep the pipe away from the chain, thinking about it more I wonder if i could route the pipe across the top of the chain guard and down through the gap where the dog bones are and then under the lower part of the swingarm.

Might have another look tomorrow.

In any case i'm going to keep my eyes open for some black sleeving to go over the clear pipe, i've ordered the stone guard for the oil container too.

Hexme

Reaction score
Could you not use the underside of the chain guard to fix the oil pipe, or is there not enough clearance?
Sorry I might be missing something as I don't understand why you'd want to do that, the ultimate goal is to get the oil delivery pipe to the bottom of the sprocket so as the wheel rotates the chain picks up the oil and distributes it.

If you were to run the pipe under the chain guard you'd have to find a route from the rear of the chain guard to the bottom of the sprocket?

Mr. Funtcase

Reaction score
Bought the Tutoro extended bracket and the stone chip shield.

Much happier with Mk2 installation being further away from the pillion footrest.
IMG_20170426_182323217.jpg

Nicely tucked in behind the pannier frame.
IMG_20170426_182405331.jpg

Pipe routed through another handy cable tie point, just enough gap to slip a tie through where the mudguard and rubberised chain runner bolts on, ditched the clips in favour of a small tie through drilled holes in the guard.
IMG_20170426_182418057.jpg

Will probably still sleeve the clear pipe in black.

Maybe this stuff...

6mm ID Black Temprotect Sleeving Per Metre - Car Builder Solutions - Kit Car Parts and Accessories