Selling me

Mitch

Reaction score
Due to more problems with my mt I've had 5 now am selling up so Gona strip the add ons to try get some money back
For sale I have
Arrow full system
Yamaha fly screen
Yamaha lower engine protectors
Sm motec upper crash bobbins
Dna air filter
Street rally seat

Let me no if you intrested in anything
Cheers mitch

Mitch

Reaction score
Rear shock was the first then my indecators stoped working, then at 3 30 this morning got the bike out for work and none of my lights were working not even the brake light so now it's stuck at home and I can't drive it anywere and in the stress of trying to find another way to works I slippedand dropped it I've had to take my partners car to work this week and she's Gona have to get a taxi .... am fuming at yamaha right now

relz

Reaction score
How much for the Yamaha lower engine protectors?

I might have shown interest in the seat too... but I figure international shipping will kill the bargain, it won't be worth it.

Y

youngy

I'm interested in the screen. Also the seat if others fall through.

Chipfatbob

Reaction score
Sorry to see you go, Mitch.

I'd be interested in the Motec bobbins and Arrow. Let me know what you're asking.

Mitch

Reaction score
Yamaha are taking the bike from me this week there Gona come collect It and take it and replace anything which is wrong with it my case has been passed on to local manger for a full inspection said they will replace anything am not happy with as u can see in the picture I have a lot of tarnished bits which will all be going though a claim uploadfromtaptalk1404746933334.jpg

flydnb

Reaction score
that gear shift linkage looks pitted and about 10 yrs old , how many miles you done mitch on bike and did you ride through the winter ?

Mitch

Reaction score
1200 miles on it and picked her up in march so she yet to have a winter and already looks like this

flydnb

Reaction score
mine has nearly 3k on it now and looks like new, its odd how some bike seem to be problematic and some have none.

UnluckySlats

Reaction score
Mine is on 3 k and still looks good you would think
that if all the parts are manufactured at the same
place we would all be having the same issues
Strange hope you get sorted Mitch

motorcycleboy

Reaction score
Lagonisi Athens Greece, 37,5km from the city cente
Mitch, i think that the "problem" of your MT maybe is a damaged fuse... first the lights fuse and then the main fuse for some reason..
About "rusty-dirt" on the gear lever try some car soap & scotch-brite sponge... this must be a sollution.
Mine now is close to 6000km and seems like brand new (i' ve sprayed all the bike with silicon spray after every wash & put some WD40 on rear shock base and the fat-bar ends, where i've found some rust as TT mentioned a couple of months ago).
Hope to change your mind and keep the bike for many more miles...:cool:

Chipfatbob

Reaction score
I picked mine up in March and have slightly more mileage than you. Unless you're keeping it outside and sprinkling it with salt, on a weekly basis, that level of corrosion is unacceptable.

If its any consolation, It seems to me the Yamaha dealer network is very hit and miss - some of them are top of their game and some are well behind the curve. I'm very fond of my local dealer and I've had nothing but good service from them, but some of the questions I have asked them (on the back of conversations with other riders and on this forum) have highlighted how 'out of the loop' they are (for example, they were unaware of the chain tensioner recall, despite having sold their entire allocation of MT09s)

I hope they give you satisfaction. If not, I would suggest (If you haven't already) seeking a second opinion from another dealer. It would be a shame to have to sell up, so early.

Spot

Reaction score
Mitch, i'd be well pissed off if I were you, that shift linkage is minging :( That's definitely not acceptable.

No sign of any rust on mine yet either. I picked mine up 1st March and have done 2,500 miles in all weathers.
Possibly of relevance, before I rode the bike out of the dealers I spent 5 mins just spraying everything with Scottoiler 365. Maybe that actually helped?