Service

bobh

Reaction score
How much is 2nd service? Considering buying a tracer but it's due it's 1st yr service. Had the 600 mile service done. I'm gonna try reduce the amount seller wants by at least cost off 2nd service.
Depends on the mileage. Download the Owner's Manual from Yamaha (free) which has the maintenance chart in it. So if it's low mileage it's just an oil change and various checks, most of which are things that a careful owner would look at anyway.

At 6000 miles there will be a few more items, e.g. spark plug check.

So 1 to 1 1/2 hours labour, oil and filter plus "workshop consumables and oil disposal". Probably £120-150 depending on local rates, so best to get a quote from a local dealer if you want an exact amount.

dekelster

Reaction score
Depends on the mileage. Download the Owner's Manual from Yamaha (free) which has the maintenance chart in it. So if it's low mileage it's just an oil change and various checks, most of which are things that a careful owner would look at anyway.

At 6000 miles there will be a few more items, e.g. spark plug check.

So 1 to 1 1/2 hours labour, oil and filter plus "workshop consumables and oil disposal". Probably £120-150 depending on local rates, so best to get a quote from a local dealer if you want an exact amount.
Cheers, bike only has 2,000 miles so don't imagine it needs much.

Fella is looking £6500 for it, from research this seems like a decent price?

Thanks

LewFZ1

Reaction score
Spark plug check at 6000 miles???what are they going to do make sure they are still installed, my FZ1 I never had the plugs out at all until I changed them at 17,000 miles, even then they could have stayed in.