Speed Triple to MT-09

donut

Reaction score
Hi guys.

MT-07 owner and loving that (about to have the suspension uprated today) and probably about to change my 1050 Speed Triple for an MT-09. After 4 years of Triumph ownership I've come to realise that it's now just too big and heavy for the type of riding I like to do (A roads and twisty bits).

The MT is much lighter and the engine is almost as good as the 1050 and with some money spent on the bouncy bits the handling should also be.

Have had a lookthrough the forum about suspension, akra exhausts, etc and getting another test ride to day to confirm things and try to arrange a deal.

Only real thing will be whether I get a secondhand (grey) or new (race blue) model (from The Bike Shop in Farnborough) as both should/will be fitted with Akra.

Later guys and gals.

boro

Reaction score
Hi guys.

MT-07 owner and loving that (about to have the suspension uprated today) and probably about to change my 1050 Speed Triple for an MT-09. After 4 years of Triumph ownership I've come to realise that it's now just too big and heavy for the type of riding I like to do (A roads and twisty bits).

The MT is much lighter and the engine is almost as good as the 1050 and with some money spent on the bouncy bits the handling should also be.

Have had a lookthrough the forum about suspension, akra exhausts, etc and getting another test ride to day to confirm things and try to arrange a deal.

Only real thing will be whether I get a secondhand (grey) or new (race blue) model (from The Bike Shop in Farnborough) as both should/will be fitted with Akra.

Later guys and gals.

Hope it works out for you, if you like the 07 the 09 is 1/3 more fun, after the suspension.
I nearly bought a Speed triple but the weight was a factor. Ti or carbon Akra, I have the carbon and love the noise and over run...

donut

Reaction score
Hope it works out for you, if you like the 07 the 09 is 1/3 more fun, after the suspension.
I nearly bought a Speed triple but the weight was a factor. Ti or carbon Akra, I have the carbon and love the noise and over run...
Couldn't do a deal with the guys at the dealer (although they said they'd look at figures again over the weekend) so if anyone here has an MT-09 with an Akra that they'd like to swop for a 1050 let me know.

Advertised through my local dealer at the moment.

TRIUMPH SPEED TRIPLE 1050 cc 1050

donut

Reaction score
Couldn't do a deal with the guys today (although they say that they will look at the figures again over the weekend) so if anyone here has an MT-09 with an Akra that they'd like to swop for a 1050 let me know.

Maris otter

Reaction score
Swapped my orange TIger 1050 for an orange MT-09 - lighter, more nimble,no more working the bike around the corners, it just soaks them up - it is so much fun still got a huge grin after owning the MT for 6 months. I have modified the seat to stop it causing me damage and will be putting a carrier and other bits and pieces to make the longer trips a bit more comfortable. Eventually I will be looking at the suspension - but this bike is SOOOO much fun.:D