suspension settings for big person

tjoffe

Reaction score
Hi.
So i have spent a couple of Days surfing around various forums and threads about the setting on the mt-09.
But i still have the same question and it may very well be beacause of my stupidity but here it goes:

what should i set my front suspension to as i weigh 105 kg +gear, aprox 115 total...?

dont know i have a problen with factory settings but as i intend to spend a couple of Days on the track i want the best possible :)

found som ones set to almost all the way possible at 85kg in gear so that leaves a bit left.
As i am only 176cm there seems only one thing to do and that is to go for öhlins but i dont have that Money yet... any suggestions and ideas?

shigidar

Reaction score
i am 105k"g also.
I set the fork showing 1 ring and rebound half turn from max. At the rear max and rebound half turn from max, The feel is good and the bike behaves nice.
just my 2 cents

tjoffe

Reaction score
thanks shihidar
just to clearify.. half turn is 2 clicks ? so like 12 on the fork..
i'm defenetly going to try that,
Big thanks!

shigidar

Reaction score
thanks shihidar
just to clearify.. half turn is 2 clicks ? so like 12 on the fork..
i'm defenetly going to try that,
Big thanks!
I closed it to max, and then turned half turn (180 degrees) back

MTom

Reaction score
some people have suspension that clicks and others do not. For info 2 clicks will be 180 degrees. Im not sure why there is a difference on some peoples bikes.

MTom

Reaction score
just for info im 100kg and have had it on two rings out on the front and 2 clicks back. I may drop it down to one ring like shigidar.
My rear suspension may get the stiffer treatment too.

tjoffe

Reaction score
My has the clicking noise so it was easy :)
Set ít up as shidigar said an man is there difference. Did a 10km joytrip today and it is
Awesome.
Like a veasel around the bends and a train on the straights..
Going to be Epic next time on the track . Big thanks!

ToastedBlue

Reaction score
stop guessing and set it up properly, it's not rocket science to get the preload right, then you can adjust the rebound until it's right for you.
I'm 83.5kg and mine is set up for fast road riding front preload is fully wound in and rear on setting 6
I wouldn't advise anyone to copy my settings but find your own, YouTube is your friend

Last edited:

tjoffe

Reaction score
stop guessing and set it up properly, it's not rocket science to get the preload right, then you can adjust the rebound until it's right for you.
I'm 83.5kg and mine is set up for fast road riding front preload is fully wound in and rear on setting 6
I wouldn't advise anyone to copy my settings but find your own, YouTube is your friend
Thanks Toasted.
I am a total rookie regarding adjustable suspension so i thought it would be easier this way.
Think i watched every avaliable clip on adjusting but still wanted a second input :)
So far so good, have to ride it some more and fintune :)