The tyre thread .

flydnb

Reaction score
How about a thread on what tyres we are using and a review on grip and wear . Ok i will start im on the dunlops and the back is a slick and its squared off but on monday i will have a brand new pair of pirelli angel gt's so will update .[emoji4]

M

MT account

is the site fuqtup tonight? its taking 2 mins to load every page............my tyres will be worn out before this loads

Triple Trouble

Super Moderator
Reaction score
I have pilot road 4's on...(ditched the dunplops before it left the dealership)!
I'm on my 2nd rear, first one lasted 4000miles, it had loads of tread depth left but was starting to square off a tad! The front looks brand new still (minus the chicken strips)!
They warm up super super quick and are epic in the wet!

An absolute confidence inspiring tyre and I wud recommend them to anyone who wants a mixture of longevity and first class performance...

stevecbr

Reaction score
The original Bridgestones S20 lasted 3000 miles, good grip when warm, but take a while to warm up in winter. Handling good
Bridgestone BT023. Only done 1000 miles, still look like new. Warm up quick, grip very good,BUT very unstable over 100mph

Spot

Reaction score
I've got over 2,800 miles om my Dunlops and they're ready for the bin.
Actually very pleased with them in the dry but scarey in the wet. As a result of lots of recommendations i was going to replace 'em with PR4's but I have had my eye on the Pirelli Angels too.
Fly' get back with a review quick!

flydnb

Reaction score
I've got over 2,800 miles om my Dunlops and they're ready for the bin.
Actually very pleased with them in the dry but scarey in the wet. As a result of lots of recommendations i was going to replace 'em with PR4's but I have had my eye on the Pirelli Angels too.
Fly' get back with a review quick!
will do mate.

daz1963

Reaction score
I took tt's tip and went for the pilot road 4s. early days yet but they feel much better then the bridgestones. just feels a lot smoother and confidence inspiring..

lou

Reaction score
I ditched my Dunlops @ 3000mls and now have Metzeler Z8 interacts, had them on my Ducati excellent all round performance tyre with decent life regards Lou

george

Reaction score
Pirelli angels are the best tires out there in my opinion. Will be fitting some when mine are done

flydnb

Reaction score
Pirelli angels are the best tires out there in my opinion. Will be fitting some when mine are done
ah good to know, mine fitted Monday coming so will report after a good scrub in of course.

scotscoot09

Reaction score
I fancy the Pirelli angels next. My mate has them on his street triple , gets his knee down on them and it's still an inch away from the edge of the rear tyre.

Spot

Reaction score
I fancy the Pirelli angels next. My mate has them on his street triple , gets his knee down on them and it's still an inch away from the edge of the rear tyre.
That's no good! People will mock your "chicken strips" :D

Mitch

Reaction score
Getting your knee down is not all about how far the bike goes over I used to ride with a lad who had his knee down nearly every bloody coroner and caried hardly any speed

scotscoot09

Reaction score
True mate. But his old tyre (Avon same as mine)
Had no chicken strip at all and these have an inch either side.

Spot yer right mate

The Pirelli angels seem to have a slightly different shape but all the reviews I've read show promise

Cypher

Reaction score
Have almost done 4000 miles on my S20s and they're still in good condition. I'm not pushing it hard and not doing wheelies so maybe that's the reason. The thread is still deep but I've noticed that the tyre is starting to look "cracked" in places. Not having owned bikes for long not sure if that counts as wear :)

Can take a pic tomorrow if needed.