This biking lark is bloody expensive.

bloggsy

Reaction score
Out for a ride with a couple of mates last night, stopped at a T junction mate behind didn't and came alongside me and nudged me over, he thought I had moved on (he was wrong ) I was able to let the bike down gently, but still had a broken mirror, ball end of the clutch lever was chipped and worst of all a gouge out of the l/h engine casing. He was apologetic and promised to pay for the damage estimated at 400 quid. Last nights ride out was expensive for him and he had to buy me a pint as well.

Delnari

Reaction score
The left hand side is the expensive side to fix as well. Not as easy to replace the covers as the right side. Have installed the R&G cover on my left side for just such occasions. Once you have your new factory cover installed you may want to put some added protection on that side up to help prevent costly damage from the next friendly run in.

Swagger

Reaction score
You wanna stay away from your mate until he understands how to ride in company. Seriously, it's riding in groups of two and more 101. I saw it happen earlier in the year at the Eurotunnel ... two GS's together ... one pulled alongside the other touched pannier boxes one went down hard, very hard depositing the pillion on the concrete apron ... seriously injuring her arm and shoulder ... She went to hospital and missed her holiday. The bike also took a hammering. Apologies aren't well received in times like that.

bloggsy

Reaction score
You wanna stay away from your mate until he understands how to ride in company. Seriously, it's riding in groups of two and more 101. I saw it happen earlier in the year at the Eurotunnel ... two GS's together ... one pulled alongside the other touched pannier boxes one went down hard, very hard depositing the pillion on the concrete apron ... seriously injuring her arm and shoulder ... She went to hospital and missed her holiday. The bike also took a hammering. Apologies aren't well received in times like that.
I'll make sure he keeps a long way in front of me in future

lee1980

Reaction score
Ouch, I rarely ride with anyone now anyway but used to find it so risky for these reasons and the whole trying to keep up when you dont know the route etc to.
it was great going out on group rides to though.