Throttle body sync problem.

haki242

Reaction score
Hi, i have problem to sync my carbs.
The screw with withe paint is original all way in(closed) that mean max vacuum. The middle carb(screw) is also full in, closed. And the 3rd carb is 1 turn from full closed.

By turning the screew in(closing) the level of liqiud in tube is growing up(higher vacuum) And by turning the screew out, the liquid is dropping down(lower vacuum).

My problem is that the carb with white screew is full closed, middle is also full closed and 3rd is 1turn open.

In manual and everybody write that the screew with white paint should by closed full in and i can not adjust this screew.

So my question is, can i adjust the white screew? Why i can not turn the white screew? If i turn this screew i can sync the carbs perfect.

Last edited:

Kinjane

Reaction score
The simple answer is the painted screw should not be touched because it has been pre-set in that position by the factory. This pre-set level is there to keep the engine idle within specified limits.
I am guessing that if the MT-09 ECU behaves similarly to other ECU's then once the idle speed moves outside set parameters then the amount of ignition advance will be changed and the fuelling will also be altered.
Adjusting one of the other screws will affect the other two liquid levels as the engine falls towards or away from throttle body harmony. If your vacuum equipment is suitable you should be able to have all three levels balanced without altering the fixed screw from the factory position.

Sven

Reaction score
As Kinjane has said, the white screw shouldn't be adjusted. It is the base setting & you should be able to get them all level by just adjusting the other 2 screws. If you can't get them level, then maybe there is some other problem!!

BTW you don't have carbs on an MT-09. They are throttle bodies on the fuel injection. :D

haki242

Reaction score
As Kinjane has said, the white screw shouldn't be adjusted. It is the base setting & you should be able to get them all level by just adjusting the other 2 screws. If you can't get them level, then maybe there is some other problem!!

BTW you don't have carbs on an MT-09. They are throttle bodies on the fuel injection. :D
yes you are right no carbs

motorcycleboy

Reaction score
Lagonisi Athens Greece, 37,5km from the city cente
As i remember when my mechanic had synchronized the injection bodies of my 9, when the engine was running in idle rpm the liquid was down.
By opening the throttle grip the level of liqiud in tube was growing up but not equally.
Then he had been turning the screws in or out until the liquid was going up and down equally on the 3 cylinders when increase and reduce rpm..

Last edited:

haki242

Reaction score
As i remember when my mechanic had synchronized the injection bodies of my 9, when the engine was running in idle rpm the liquid was down.
By opening the throttle grip the level of liqiud in tube was growing up but not equally.
Then he had been turning the screws in or out until the liquid was going up and down equally on the 3 cylinders when increase and reduce rpm..
On my bike it goes the same but my only option was turning only with 3rd body. 1st i need to unscreew but it is white paint rhere and second i need it grow, but it is screew all way in. So what now?

haki242

Reaction score
so i have clean inside the trottle bodies, there was a little bit of carbon, then dissasembly clean and assembly the screews, all 3. then connect and better seald the 3 tubes to synchroniser and after this i can do the synchronisation.

what i have discovered is that the synchronisation reason is to synchronise the throttle bodys only at idle revs. the screew is regulating air intake between one hole thaht is up to the throttle valve and second thah is under the valve. because when you open the throtle(valves) the bypass is not working and has no function.

and also in manual the screews are called the bypass screews.

and i thing thet synchronizing the bodys by higher rpm(3-4k) has no reason because the throttle valves are open and the bypass is not working(maybe little bit)

so here is the result(the oil level was jumping up and down, so on photo you can see that the middle is not balanced)
IMG_1597.jpgIMG_1598.jpg

Kinjane

Reaction score
Presumably you put the bike into Diag mode to open the butterflies fully for thorough inlet cleansing :cool: