Tracer Insurance

bungster01

Reaction score
Hi all, picking up a Tracer on Saturday but am having trouble getting insurance for a reasonable price, some brokers have the bike on their database but cant provide a quote, others just don't list the bike at all!! Is it worth insuring as an MT09 ABS and getting on with life or keep trying to find a Tracer specific quote?? Your thoughts would be appreciated

flipper

Reaction score
Yamaha insurance must cover it, surely.

Are you asking for cover on a Tracer or MT09 Tracer? Sometimes you have to spell it out..............................

groundhog

Reaction score
I got my Tracer insured by Ridersure (underwritten by Aviva) through my local broker. They had to double check as the only listing they had was MT 09 Tra ! which in there case apparently means Tracer or Tracker and at the same price. Hope you get yours sorted soon. Price was £190 fully comp

bungster01

Reaction score
Yamaha insurance must cover it, surely.

Are you asking for cover on a Tracer or MT09 Tracer? Sometimes you have to spell it out..............................
Have asked for the MT09 Tracer, this just seems to confuse them!

Timo50

Reaction score
Had to insure mine as an MT 09 but had to increase the value to the retail price.

wessie

Reaction score
My broker Carole Nash should be up to speed after their experience with me during the end of last week!

My current insurer did not have the bike on their database but were happy to add it. The underwriter is Markerstein.

Carole Nash stated that they could provide cover via Aviva if Markerstein declined to cover the bike.

bungster01

Reaction score
Finally sorted! £157 fully comp through Bikesure for the Tracer, happy chappy and pick it up on Saturday! ;)