Tracer replacement screen.

Griff1971

Reaction score
Hi all,
new to the forum,
can anyone advise on a decent replacement screen for touring. cheers

Shaun64

Reaction score
I bought a puig touring screen for my tracer which was very good at reducing noise and wind blast but it was right in my eye line which I couldn't get used to so sold it,I've now got a zero gravity tinted touring screen £60 eBay it's not quite as good at reducing wind noise and blast but still very good plus I don't notice it when riding.

Griff1971

Reaction score
I bought a puig touring screen for my tracer which was very good at reducing noise and wind blast but it was right in my eye line which I couldn't get used to so sold it,I've now got a zero gravity tinted touring screen £60 eBay it's not quite as good at reducing wind noise and blast but still very good plus I don't notice it when riding.

thanks Shaun, think ive looked at the Zero Gravity one.... not sure now, ive looked at that bloody many :confused:
ill look one up, how tall are you with saying the Puig one was in your eye line, cheers.

Shaun64

Reaction score
I am 5ft8, also with the puig one you have to take the outer hand gaurds off so you can get full lock.no what you mean about looking at so many it did my head in,I've done a few mods on my bike and I've taken a few pics today I will try get my daughter to post them tonight as there's one of the zero gravity sports touring screen set as high as it will go.

offo

Reaction score
My Attempt

I got fed up with trying so made this from an idea off a guy in the states, it works fairly well & i think the lines fit in quite well with the Tracer, since changing my helmet i have noticed a big improvement in noise reduction so perhaps it's not all down to the screen but a combination of things!

Unfazed

Reaction score
I agreed with the helmet comment, I thought it was noisy (horrendously so) but my visor wasn't clipped in properly after fitting a pin lock.

Once seated correctly the noise reduced significantly. It's not a full on touring screen for sure but pretty good for it's size

takahe

Reaction score
Offo did you mean a company called Madstad in USA ? I bought their screen for 800 Tiger and now Tracer. Great product that works very well but a little UGLY.

trevorleigh

Reaction score
I tried the powerbronze touring screen which was quieter but there was a lot of movement at the top of the screen that I did not like. I bought the dark Puig screen and same as Shaun it was right in my eye line, so I modified it a little (taking 45mm of the top) and now for me it is just about perfect. did a 1700 mile tour around Scotland last week and cannot fault it now.
Tracer.jpg

Toppie

Reaction score
I've just taken delivery of an MRA 'Touring Screen'
I'm heading off on a bit of a holiday wi' 'er indoors tomorrow so wont have time to fit it.
It's kind of a 'Double Bubble' jobbie and looks really class.
But, offering it up it looks about four inches shorter than the OEM:(

This'll be my fourth MRA and all have, so far, been very,very good.
I hope this one will deliver the same performance but, being so very much lower, I have my doubts.

Anyone else fitted one recently?

Shaun64

Reaction score
Regards wind noise I've recently bought some ultimate ear protection ear plugs they are the sort were you have your ears filled with foam then send the casts off to ultimate ear protection who made a silicon ear piece, I went for the filtered model £85 then £25 for foam ear casts, not cheap but they work well In fact I would say I could have left the original screen on with theses fitted, I've never worn ear protection on bikes before but wouldn't be without now,could be an age thing!.

nugsdad

Reaction score
Puig Touring

Had a lot of problems with the puig touring screen hitting the hand grip covers. Ended up putting in spacers so screen sits more forward

stofer

Reaction score
I installed Givi DT2122 touring screen.
Tall, wide, and provide much better wind and noise protection.
96$ on ebay.

Toppie

Reaction score
I fitted an MRA Double Bubble Tourer yesterday and gave the bike a good blast this morning.
I'm very well pleased with the improvement over the OEM.
I was a bit alarmed when it arrived through the post and was about 4'' shorter than the original.
Surprisingly, it's at its best for me on its lowest setting. I feel a bit of blast on my chest which is acceptable.
It was a good buy. Much more solid than the OEM and I think it enhances the look of the bike.

stavrosd2006

Reaction score
I have added a puig spoiler on the original screen (the one that needs drilling)
because of the noise on my helmet ,i am 174 cm in height, seat in lower position,
but still get air swirls on my helmet, although situation improved a bit.

i was planing to get a different screen but the local dealer told me a story
about a tracer that had a non yamaha made screen fitted that was causing problems to the lcd displays when bike was left in the sun
for some time (working as a magnifier concetrating sun rays)
And we do have a lot of sunny days here in Crete, so i was very reluctant changing original screen.

Did any one of you encountered this?
I do want quiteness at long trips but i do not want a big screen!

ib1-2

Reaction score
I have added a puig spoiler on the original screen (the one that needs drilling)
because of the noise on my helmet ,i am 174 cm in height, seat in lower position,
but still get air swirls on my helmet, although situation improved a bit.

i was planing to get a different screen but the local dealer told me a story
about a tracer that had a non yamaha made screen fitted that was causing problems to the lcd displays when bike was left in the sun
for some time (working as a magnifier concetrating sun rays)
And we do have a lot of sunny days here in Crete, so i was very reluctant changing original screen.

Did any one of you encountered this?
I do want quiteness at long trips but i do not want a big screen!
Zero Gravity screens recommend you cover dash if left for long periods in sun. Don't think we would get much of a problem in the UK and am considering their Touring screen at 47.3cm which the hand guards don't look to hit on full lock.