Tracer replacement screen.

EeeTea

Reaction score
I've just fitted an MRA touring screen, but TBH wasn't so keen on how it looked, the bike is fairly angular, and this screen has nice lines but just didn't look right to me.

what it did do is work brilliantly, a lot of turbulence and buffeting has gone (tried it up to 70 on the A12 too, just to see what it was like at cruzin speeds. Excellent.

Still looked out of place though (its subjective, just my opinion).

So today, I've modified it, taking a crescent out of the top, so when viewed face on the top of the screen is flat, this meant about 2" down on the centreline, and back to the top existing screen edge at the sides. (It's a similar shape to the top edge of the stock screen)

In my view it looks a lot better and I've tried it up to 60mph (that's 96 LSPs *) on a back road, and it was still really good - most noticeable when I look right or left (I have a Arai X4 helmet with a peak) with still no buffeting.

So the screen stays. I will take a piccy tomorrow when we have some day light back!

*LSP is 'Lympic Swimming Pools, and what the media seem to measure everything in, (except double-decker buses) so I have added LSPs to my post to give an idea of my speed on a public forum, and it's equivalent mph figure too. :p

stavrosd2006

Reaction score
Zero Gravity screens recommend you cover dash if left for long periods in sun. Don't think we would get much of a problem in the UK and am considering their Touring screen at 47.3cm which the hand guards don't look to hit on full lock.
Thanks for the info ib1-2.

So it could be true for some screens.
I will stick with my current config for now.

EeeTea

Reaction score
So I've gone from this ...

to this...

TBH I still prefer the look of the original screen, but this is a lot more comfortable to ride with.

I also don't quite have the profile of the top of the edge perfect, I need to take another couple of mm off one edge...but you get the idea...