Tracer Suspension thoughts ?

groundhog

Reaction score
I am wondering what other Tracer owners think of the suspension? I have to say I find it a bit harsh. I come to the Tracer from my previous bike which was an XJR 1300 which was very soft by comparison so I realise I need allow for some difference. What I would like to do is soften things up a little without compromising the excellent turning and general handling. I have never played around much with suspension settings, not least because there was never much to adjust on my previous bikes ! So any thoughts or opinions on the subject would be interesting, and any tips or suggestions for me to try would be appreciated. Cheers

Last edited:

Marks

Reaction score
I also found it a little harsh, doesn't help the on/off throttle going round bumpy roundabouts at low revs when your bouncing around trying to balance the throttle. I backed off the preload on both the front and rear and also slowed down the rebound a touch. Hasn't had any negative affect on handling and a slightly smoother ride but still needs a little more tinkering.
Mark.

groundhog

Reaction score
I also found it a little harsh, doesn't help the on/off throttle going round bumpy roundabouts at low revs when your bouncing around trying to balance the throttle. I backed off the preload on both the front and rear and also slowed down the rebound a touch. Hasn't had any negative affect on handling and a slightly smoother ride but still needs a little more tinkering.
Mark.
Mark that's exactly what I have done so far ! but wasn't sure about going any further or where to go from there. I agree about the throttle too, I am missing the smoothness of good old cables and carbs :)

GRAHAM TRACER 15

Reaction score
I am 12 stone and have set my front and rear preload to 25mm and wound the rear screw out by half a turn, the rear adjuster is in position 2 from fully soft, I have found this to be a good improvement on the stock settings.